Savage Custom or Sendero

RemingtonShooter

Long time browser, 1st time poster.

I am looking at getting a 7mm and am torn between the Sendero SFII or a custom Savage. Model: 10/110 Predator Hunter Max 1 which is usually a short action rifle, accustock in Max-1, 24 inch flutted barrel, accutrigger....To have it made is about $150 less than the Sendero. I like the weight of both but I think the Savage will be a bit heavier.

q3AO1q5A8_nv22XY8v0.png

Open to thoughts. No modifications planned, just take it out, scope, shoot it. Thanks all

N

One vote for savage here. I have a model 16 270 wsm in stainless with the accustock and accutrigger. 24 inch barrel. Put a vortex viper on top with a bipod. I worked up a load with some h4350 and 140 grain Bergers. This gun will shoot 1/4 inch groups at 200 yards! My dad has a savage 111 270 win with the accustock and accutrigger and he's shooting 130 grain Bergers with similar results! These guns are amazing out of the box. Hope this helps.

My honest opinion is your gonna be fine with either. Which ever one feels better to you is the one I would go with. Both are gonna shoot with a little load development. But I am a big Savage fan....lol

I would for sure get the sendero. Very likely to shoot excellent and alot more you can do with it in terms of aftermarket parts etc.

When it comes to action, rem vs. savage is a wash. when it comes to QC, Savage takes it by a mile. But what would decide it for me is that the senduro comes with a HS stock. There worth about $300, and senduros usually shoot good.

Id get the remmy.

My vote is for the Savage and I would go S/S 270wsm over the 7mm. Then in a short action and wealth of options for stocks. It's the long action on Savage that they are harder to find without getting custom inletting or a manners stock. Less $ to. You could get a factory 270wsm an put a really good stock on it for less than then Sendero II, I believe. Plus read some savage guy posts, you'll be hard pressed to find on that doesn't shoot right out of box. Compare that to what you read about guys needing to bed etc. with Sendero's. It's not that I wouldn't own a Sendero (would love to have a 338RUM) but short of that happening I'd go Savage. Plus any monkey w/ a barrel wrench and go/no go gauges coould change the Savage Barrel in the future if you want co change cal or barrel dia./length.:D

JMHO,
Gene

I am a rabid Savage guy, but if you are not going to mod it, the Sendero is a much better value.

Except the laminates, Savage stocks are junk.

If you want to build a better rifle cheaper, get a Stevens 200 and build it yourself. You'll have a better rifle than either one for cheaper.

Self proclaimed savage nut........pun intended. Northland shooting supply can get you a savage accutrigger action new for $335 and criterion tube for a little less than that much again....put it in the stock of your choice and I would bet it runs circles around either factory gun for similar money. If off the shelf bone stock is in order.....Savage. If after market support is a big priority........Savage again= everything right down to drop in barrels. I just do not think you can beat there value in relation to raw accuracy. If you want to give your favorite gunsmith something to do or have a cosmetic priority go with the remington.

REMINGTON- I Shoot against savages all the time in f class with my rem/ krieger. . it is a lot of fun. grin.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.