remington custom shop sendero

i picked up a 2010 remington brochure/catalog. page 46 and 47 ( and 48 and 49) has their custom shop stuff. there is a picture of a sendero from the custom shop. immediately caused my throat to get dry and my eyes misty.

Ron, that's called love at first sight!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well I admit that I just don't like many factory gunbuilders.
IMO, there are too many of them, and this dilutes the market to the point of 'unprofitable' for those who would otherwise build better guns today.
With this, I flat out despise Remington, Remington clones, and thousands of gunsmiths building 'custom guns' out of pawnshop Remington parts.
Gunshop shelves are full of this garbage...

On the flipside, Savage has actually put efforts into meeting end-user needs. Their guns have improved so much that all their innovations can no longer be denied.
This takes effort, and Savage should be rewarded for it.

I don't hold either right now, and bring mention only for contrast. I see so much junk on American shelves now, and the only way it's gonna improve is for customers to make it so.
I say pick something special and let Remingtons rot on the shelf. If enough people did this gunshop inventories would change, and soon every lazy gunbuilder would consider customer needs or fade out of our way(as they should).
Which is better? A giant displacing our market with crap? Or Customers driving advancements in their endeavors?

+1. Here's an end result that speaks volume and hard to argue with ...

Savage Arms > News > Team Savage Wraps Up Long-Range Season in Dominant Fashion . :D:):rolleyes:

Ron, that's called love at first sight!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Eaglet- it was a very emotional moment. i am embarrassed the savage guys high jacked the thread. i will say : team savage ; with savage rifles have shot and continue to shoot some amazing scores in long range competition. i shoot regularly in long range competition and know how hard it is. however, in my opinion all of that should have gone in another thread.

You come over here with a Chevy, you're gonna get a Ford..
What else would a forum discussion be if not for the contrast?

I have owned many Savages and many Remingtons and many Rugers as well as other brands and after more than 2222 posts I did not know it was sinful, per say, to speak about Chevys... :rolleyes:

Eaglet- it was a very emotional moment. i am embarrassed the savage guys high jacked the thread. i will say : team savage ; with savage rifles have shot and continue to shoot some amazing scores in long range competition. i shoot regularly in long range competition and know how hard it is. however, in my opinion all of that should have gone in another thread.

You're absolutely right! Please accept my sincere apology for being part of the hijacking. However, it was not my intent to do so, I am merely stating to recognize any gun manufacture's efforts and accomplishments (as you did with your statement above) ... and i should have done a better job conveying it.

Like Eaglet, I too own Savages, Remingtons, and Rugers (and other brands) and am pleased with all of them. Sometimes brand loyalty is strong and oftentimes too strong we forget the obvious ones. :D

Now that I got that out of the way, please rekindle the love at first sight moment. :)

Again, please accept my sincere apology. Cheers!

V/R

Ed

i probably protesteth a little too much . it is true remington has not done much lately in my/our opinion. savage has done some stuff- they make several 6.5-284 and a 6mmbr. that shows some real in sight . if remington made a 6.5-284 sendero . ............ in the mean time team savage continues to win . believe me, try shooting 66 rounds at 1000 yards .

Question, does Remington even have a shooting team? If they do then major props to Savage. If not then all of this smack is without fair comparison. And what about Remingtons history in benchrest and such? I would think that Remington has probably won more competitions than all of the others combined. Just like Shilen barrels have won more comps than any other barrel. Savage makes a great product and their barrel nut makes headspacing a simple process especially with replacement barrels. Their LRPV was a brilliant new innovation and has grown and evolved since its inception and they should be acknowledged for this. Some of their other new guns like the Long Range Hunter are just butt ugly and to some aesthetics are important. The accustock is very interesting but why did they put this innovation in a synthetic stock and not a composite? Cost? Maybe but to the shooters that they are targeting with this model I would think that most would prefer a composite/better quality stock. I agree that I would like to see Remington add a few new cartridges to some of their models and keep some of the older ones like the 17 remington. But Remington also makes ammo and with every new cartridge they would need to provide ammo and components so they pick and choose these on potential sales numbers only. Savage only produces firearms and can be a little more open to cartridges offered. As far as Remington not providing anything new how long did it take for their competitors to have an answer to the Sendero? IMO there has been no answer to this day. Remingtons LVSF was a first and I could go on and on with different models. I like specialized firearms and have a different model for each specie I hunt so I will look at all manufacturers to find the one that fits my needs best. If I cannot find one that fits I will build my own which I will do by picking the model that comes the closest and then modifying it as needed. This could be a Savage, Remington, Browning, CZ, custom Mauser or whatever. It is amazing to me that with the choices that we have in firearms today that we still have those that B&M about their products. Remember that we (LRH) are a very small segment of the firearms community and that every manufacturer cannot be everything to everybody. The Model 700 is like the Chevy 350, the easiest to hotrod with the most aftermarket products for it. Are there better engines than the 350? Yes but that does not make the 350 junk. And I'm a Ford guy.

Question, does Remington even have a shooting team? If they do then major props to Savage. If not then all of this smack is without fair comparison. And what about Remingtons history in benchrest and such? I would think that Remington has probably won more competitions than all of the others combined. Just like Shilen barrels have won more comps than any other barrel. Savage makes a great product and their barrel nut makes headspacing a simple process especially with replacement barrels. Their LRPV was a brilliant new innovation and has grown and evolved since its inception and they should be acknowledged for this. Some of their other new guns like the Long Range Hunter are just butt ugly and to some aesthetics are important. The accustock is very interesting but why did they put this innovation in a synthetic stock and not a composite? Cost? Maybe but to the shooters that they are targeting with this model I would think that most would prefer a composite/better quality stock. I agree that I would like to see Remington add a few new cartridges to some of their models and keep some of the older ones like the 17 remington. But Remington also makes ammo and with every new cartridge they would need to provide ammo and components so they pick and choose these on potential sales numbers only. Savage only produces firearms and can be a little more open to cartridges offered. As far as Remington not providing anything new how long did it take for their competitors to have an answer to the Sendero? IMO there has been no answer to this day. Remingtons LVSF was a first and I could go on and on with different models. I like specialized firearms and have a different model for each specie I hunt so I will look at all manufacturers to find the one that fits my needs best. If I cannot find one that fits I will build my own which I will do by picking the model that comes the closest and then modifying it as needed. This could be a Savage, Remington, Browning, CZ, custom Mauser or whatever. It is amazing to me that with the choices that we have in firearms today that we still have those that B&M about their products. Remember that we (LRH) are a very small segment of the firearms community and that every manufacturer cannot be everything to everybody. The Model 700 is like the Chevy 350, the easiest to hotrod with the most aftermarket products for it. Are there better engines than the 350? Yes but that does not make the 350 junk. And I'm a Ford guy.
Very well said. I would have to agree with every word.

Now Now Highridge1 don't you know that when MikeCR speaks we ahould all fall to our knees and thank him for the knowledge that he is imparting upon us know nothing Peons?
it kinda sounds like a loyalty war, i remember you could buy a savage from a (coast to coast) department store some years back and all around for about 300 bucks!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.