Savage Build #2

brguide

Well guys I did it again. I was so impressed by the repeat accuracy and precision from my first build I thought I would do another. This time I shopped around for months looking for a NEW donor action. My local gun shop had called me and told me he had found 3 of them. I wanted all 3 but could only get 1. The reason is the actions were COMPLETELY stripped, no triggers, no trigger housings not even the safety red dot. I was able to still get the action cheap enough I could order everything I needed from savage and other places. So I did. Here she is so far.

Parts on gun:
6.5 creedmoor Shilen Stainless steel select match 26" 1:8 twist ratchet barrel
HS Precision stock-Devcon bedded
Karsten comb
Northland Shooters Supply precision lug and trued nut
Savage action model 10fcp w/factory trigger housing and firing pin
PTG Bolt body
PTG bolt head
Rifle Basix trigger
Valdada 20moa base and 30mm rings
Sightron 6-24X50 LR FFP MOA scope
Glades armory tactical bolt handle
Tubb precision level

A note on your bedding. To eliminate the stress from flexing your action while curing, eliminate the forward zip ties and zip tie the barrel right at the very end of the forearm where the barrel is resting on the tape. Let the rest of the barreled action float freely in the epoxy. Support the very ends and float in the middle while curing. Everything else looks real nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.