28 Nosler Savage Build

Which action style was the original 111 you started with? I am looking at 111 centerfeed wibth bottom bolt release, but I'm not finding many stock options that will fit. Specifically, all the choate stocks i see won't work with the bottom bolt release.
The local pawnbroker is your friend. Buy the junkiest one you can find and rebarrel, add stock, lug and HELLO .5MOA.

That's what I'm working on. The donor I'm currently looking at is as described: bottom bolt release, center feed. I wanted to know what I am in for before I buy it. Glad I did, because I can't find many stock options for that combination.

Also, Hunt4elk - can you elaborate on what action work you had to do to get it to feed?

I haven't decided if I want to go with the 195s or 175s, but whichever I want to load as long as possible.

toddc - Sounds like a shooter! Nice work!!

TxAggie94 -- My action is a 111 centerfeed DBM with TOP bolt release. Was also hard to find aftermarket stock. Especially when trying to dance that fine line of quality, expense, and availability. I'm happy with the Choate stock.

I agree with toddc on the pawnbroker as well. That's where I picked my donor rifle up. Lucked out, random stop on way home form work one night; found a what appeared brand new condition 111 for a very used price! Score!!!

To get the longer 28 cartridge to feed I just reworked the feed ramp was all. Had to lengthen the opening a little. Rounds feed great & smooth!!!

Hnt4elk

What your barrel contour and what's the total weight with or without the scope?

I'm looking into building a 28 Nosler off of a Savage 110e j-series 7mm Rem Mag action. Barrel will most likely be a Shilen 26" #4 or #7 contour with a brake. Anyone have any comments, concerns, helpful tips or information would be appreciated! Thanks and happy holidays!
I have an older savage 110e that I've wanted to change up and I like your build. Mine is a 7mm rem mag. One question is how does the magazine fit up into the action. I will be more specific, my feeding opening is only 3.575 or so if I remove blind magazine box. How did you get the 338 lupua magazine to feed up into this and seat your bullets longer. Did you have to have some material removed on the back end of the action? Or was feed opening on the blank action already longer?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.