Savage 10 firing pin broke

Real D

So dumb question for you savage guys, I traded for a model 10 heavy barrel 308 flat reciever. Cleaned it and threw a scope on it, loaded some ammo and when i went to shoot it went click. No dimple on the primer, pulled the bolt and TU DU, broken firing pin. Now im at work on line trying to order a new one and midway only shows a small version but everything i have read so far says that savage used small and large pins for guns before 01 not sure what year my gun is either. The gun is at home so i cant measure it. So could my gun have a large firing pin or is it for sure small.

Sorry for the dumb post, any help will be appreciated.

I just wanna go shooting!!!! gun)

Yes, it very well can have a large pin. Every flat rear savage I have/had has had a large pin.

I have 10s 11s 12s 16s 110s 111s 112s and 116s all flat rears are large pin, unless I just haven't run across one that isn't yet.

call Savage and tell them what your serial number is.

If you get hold of the right guy, you might get a free part from them.

(413) 568-7001 for parts and service (please have your serial number and credit card available)

call Savage and tell them what your serial number is.

If you get hold of the right guy, you might get a free part from them.

(413) 568-7001 for parts and service (please have your serial number and credit card available)

I was going to say this, or to check first, go to the savage website, use the part finder using the SN of the gun, and you can see what you need

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.