Sako S20

I also got a hunter stocked version in 6.5PRC from Europtic when they first went on sale. Later I ran across a deal on a NIB camo precession stock on eBay. I only have 13 rounds through mine so far but it flat out shoots.

I almost got one but the plastic stock led me not to. The guy at Europtic was very honest. The reason they didn't sell was the hollow, noisy, slick plastic stock. The new S 20s are composite. How they could make such a boneheaded move is beyond me. Of course, for a bench gun, wouldn't matter.

I was tempted to buy a S20 when I saw the current deal. I resisted the urge as I am trying to reduce the number of rifles I have with compromises. I'm sure they will get the job done if you can deal with the limitations or compromises. I don't consider myself a rifle snob at all, but weight, barrel twist, barrel length, and stock are things that can be deal killers.

I have one and I absolutely love it (6.5 creed). It shoots extremely well. As for a minor hijack, can you pm me the name of the gunsmiths who would be willing to do a rebarrel?
Thank you, Ferenc

Does the S20 have a single action length like Tikkas or are they true short and long actions? If the latter, you may want to rethink buying a 6.5 PRC to rebarrel to 7 PRC - given the difference in cartridge size, I think the 300 WM would be a better start for a donor.

If it's a single action size dictated by the size of the bolt stop, then disregard the above!

@Lenny Foffa no they do not I wish, they did. The European version of SAAMI has not approved the 7 PRC yet. Who knows when or if?@Ftothfadd PM sent
@waspocrew They are the same length action from what I could tell the magazines are internally blocked by a large difference from the 6.5 to the 300WM , hopefully everything works out if not at least someone else will be able to find the information I couldn't

I believe the mags are proprietary, however, they are available, made in 3rd-10rnd, and cheaper than the Xbolt mags so I wasn't terribly concerned.

As far as the plastic stock goes, I'm going to have it cerakoted, and if I need to fill it with a silicone liner and expandable foam or something like it to make it feel better so be it, for the price. If it was the full price no but 600 off I can do a bit of modification if required.

No personal experience, but from my research, pretty much the only reason not to buy the S20 is the lack of options for modifications. Very limited aftermarket support (in every regard, from what I read). Went Tikka for this reason alone a few months ago.