Sako S20

ceard

Any reason why I should not buy a S20 in 6.5 PRC I was looking at the Christensen Evoke when it comes out soon, but a friend found an S20 in store at 1200 OTD.
I will possibly want to re-barrel it to 7PRC is the only reason I am hesitant. But does anyone have any experience with one before I go buy it. It will be a bench rifle for the most part. Just basically want to know if there is anything I should know before I go grab it, or reasons to not to. Thanks all

I am very tempted to do the same except I would keep the barrel and rechamber to 6.5/7PRC. I know wildcats are not for everyone and on-the-shelf ammo is important to most folks but that cartridge just looks like the do-all in the 6.5 category. Hopefully the action is long enough for the extra length of the 7mm case. I'll note, too, that I'm a big fan of Tikka/Sako and wouldn't hesitate buying any of their products. Sako and I go way back...

I am very tempted to do the same except I would keep the barrel and rechamber to 6.5/7PRC. I know wildcats are not for everyone and on-the-shelf ammo is important to most folks but that cartridge just looks like the do-all in the 6.5 category. Hopefully the action is long enough for the extra length of the 7mm case. I'll note, too, that I'm a big fan of Tikka/Sako and wouldn't hesitate buying any of their products. Sako and I go way back...
I object. I object to you overpaying that is. :)

How about $999 vs. $1,200?

Precision:

Hunter:

I buy 90% of my guns online and just pay the $25 FFL Transfer (local average). Usually saves me a bunch of money and/or gets me what I want.

I have the precision in 300 Win Mag and really like it. Great trigger, ergo stock, smooth 60 degree bolt. Very accurate. This one falls into the 10% category. Cabela's had one in-stock, so I got some instant gratification. I paid full price and still think it was a good value.

I've been thinking of getting one in 6.5 PRC, especially at $1,000.

Last edited:
Well I ordered it though EuroOptic, I couldn't not at that price, lol. + Yall are too quick and I didn't want their stock to run out just in case.
Once I get it I may have a barrel chambered in 7-6.5prc @16 or 18in for a hunting barrel and then a longer barrel in 7prc or 7-300 for the bench.

FYI for anyone else looking with insurance, shipping and, the dollar round up for the charity it came to 1096.00

That would have been my choice, too. Make sure to give an update/review when you get to shooting it. There's not a lot of info out there and enquiring minds want to know, LOL!

Will do, it will be a month or so I don't have a scope for it yet and I'm making a trip next week so it will be a few weeks before I get that ordered and ready unfortunately. That will be the 6.5 prc barrel

If I decide to have the two barrels made it will be in the middle of summer while it's hotter than I want to go shoot outside in

That would have been my choice, too. Make sure to give an update/review when you get to shooting it. There's not a lot of info out there and enquiring minds want to know, LOL!
Also that's the only reason I was hesitant as there seems to be very little information on them.

I did call around fist and found a couple smiths willing to rebarrel it when the time comes l.

My S20 in 300 WM shoots great. I ordered from EuroOptic a year or so ago when they had a special that included an extra stock and foreend, so I have both the Hunter and Precision. I just leave it in the Precision stock for range work and will change it out to the hunter stock for any hunting trips. My only complaint is the plastic feeling stock (because it is plastic). Other than that, it is a great gun. The Beretta/Sako US Customer service doesn't seem to be too great. I really want to order a green RoughTech stock, but multiple calls and emails to Customer Service has gone unanswered. Seems like you can get the RoughTech replacement stocks in Europe, or buy an entirely new gun in the US with the Roughtech stock, but not the stock itself.

Roughtech is more of a harder, composite stock feel with light texture (assuming it is the similar Roughtech as my Sako A7 Roughtech). It comes in green and desert colors on the newer S20 models. Lots of photos online if you Google Sako S20 Roughtech.

The original S20 stock feels like smooth plastic. The S20 still shoots great and the metal parts are great quality, but the stock feels cheap/plastic.

Recent Posts