Sako range 6,5 Creedmoor speedhead 144gr in theory

Larserickaxel

I have Tikka t3x ctr in 6,5 Creedmoor.

Went to range today, really nice weather in Helsinki, about +3-5celcius and almost no wind at all, perfect I think.

shot 300meters and zeroed there.

Now in theory, (no measuring of velocity or anything at all) if you only read the information label from ammobox Sako range 6,5 Creedmoor speedhead 144gr.

Is bullet drop 34,5cm/300meters right?

Ok, so now if drop is 34,5cm in 300meters, in theory based on this information only and other information that says 1mrad in 100meters is 10centimeters up or down roughly.

Suddenly I want to shoot from 200meters and before that I need to dial my Meopta ZD 6-24x56 for that.

Meopta says 1mrad is 4cliks so 0,25 per click.

to shoot 200meters I need to drop sights based on information in label for 27,7 centimeters between 200m and 300m

Am I totally spaced out, when I try to handle this information like this X) lol.

Anyways I'm newbie with rifles and ballistic, but enjoying this "longrange" shooting.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2020-3-8 kello 19.42.16.png
    Näyttökuva 2020-3-8 kello 19.42.16.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 273
There's going to be a lot more experienced, intelligent, and qualified folks that hopefully give you answers. To me as a hunter, and not a bench shooter, this is exactly why I sight in zero at 100, and not 200 or 300. It's much easier for me to sight in at a lower yardage zero, and then make calculations and adjustments upward in real time situations

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.