Canhunter35

Whose been on rugers website to see the m77 long range target rifle? Looks like a Bergara hmr except it's a 300win mag, comes with hybrid brake. Looks pretty sweet, except they stuck a 24" barrel on it and a non adjustable trigger?

They also are making a rpr in 22lr...I definitely want one!

Last edited:
Looks good but: I would rather have a 26" barrel but much more than that if this is the Long action as they always had, it is not a magnum action or "375 length" like a Rem 700, so I could not seat bullets like the 215 Berger the way I would like. My Sendero for example has that Magnum length action plus a 26", one may not be huge but both combined are in my view.

Ruger has always had short mag wells. That's one of several reasons you don't see many built into customs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Ruger, I have a few, just stating one of their flaws they've still yet to fix after all these years.

I have always felt that the Ruger rifles were at best mediocre when it came to design and accuracy. In recent years this surely seems to be changing for the better with accuracy improvements along with a solid flow of new offerings. I had heard that these changes coincided with a senior engineer formerly with Savage, joining Ruger.

I've never been very impressed with rugers accuracy. The aftermarket world for it isn't very good. I see it comes with the 2 stage trigger my Hawkeye predator had. It was a ok trigger if you like 2 stage. The mag box on mine was alittle short.

I've never been very impressed with rugers accuracy. The aftermarket world for it isn't very good. I see it comes with the 2 stage trigger my Hawkeye predator had. It was a ok trigger if you like 2 stage. The mag box on mine was alittle short.

I bought my wife a Hawkeye predator in 204(it had the pretty stock lol), not a great fan of the trigger either and was surprised they put the same one on it. But accuracy wise I've always been happy. I think I could load 32gr bullets backwards and it would shoot a 1" group...not the case with the 40gr though. Good to know about short mag box's, I hate fighting with oal

Got to give them credit for innovating.

Last edited:
Ruger has been light on their feet in the innovation department. Hats off to them for that. They seem to acknowledge that we as customers, hate inaccurate guns and they're at least trying to move in the right direction. I've never shot a model 77 anything that was very accurate. Heck, I have a Ruger Precision Rifle in 243 that will barely hold moa at 100 yards (5 shots). Not sure how you screw that up. I love the way the 77 looks and feels but I'm gonna have to sit back and watch 100 other people purchase and report back on this target model.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.