Ruger precision rifle

Took it to the 700 yd line on steel. and then to the field on meat......

IMG_6367_zpscpuvdxny.jpg

IMG_6376_zpscafnwkvg.jpg

IMG_6375_zps4ym92opi.jpg

IMG_6371_zpstkuqah3r.jpg

Looking good and shooting good. I just saw on the SnipersHide where someone has put a custom barrel on one. So the custom barrels are being made as we speak. People are buying the RPR up, left and right. No one is going to be able to keep any in stock for a long time. I have not seen where anyone that got one that isn't shooting good. When mine comes in I will camo it. I wanted another Vortex for it but eveyone is sold out. I will keep looking.

I think regardless of the rifling method used, it will come down to the design/manufacturing/QC standards used by Ruger. I have seen both good and bad barrels with all three approaches over the years with factory barrels, and it will always be possible to get a bad example with mass production. The members of our Egg Shoot group got a very comprehensive tour of Savages manufacturing process a few years ago. They did an excellent job expaining the combination of design and pruduction aspects that they incorporated when they set out to capture the "accuracy" position in the factory market. The most enlightening take away from the tour was that there is no magic to produce an accurate rifle. You just have to commit as an organization to the steps to do it, and be responsive if a customer problem(cockpit or product)occurs which can happen to any producer, custom or factory. Hope Ruger adopts the same philosophy. The new rifle looks intriguing.

Last edited:
What makes them so heavy? The action and lower? Could they be lightened any by changing the stock and handgard? Just wondering

"Accessorizing" the RPR

So while I'm waiting for my 6.5 CM RPR I'm beginning to collect some necessary items.
This is my shopping list:

1. Atlas bipod
2. extra Magpul 10 round magazines
3. finding best local vendor for Cerakote
4. Magpul storage grip
5. muzzle brake (compatable with a good suppressor)
6. Monopod (for toe of the stock)

I think down the road I may want a custom barrel, perhaps in another cartridge. I kinda doubt that Ruger will be selling extra barrels any time soon, given the demand for the rifle.

Ruger...Precision rifle...LOL.
Careful. Don't get soap on those words because you may have to eat them.

I freely admit, if you had asked when I was young if I would ever owned a Ruger I would have LMAO. I've had to eat those words. Now there are at least 5 in my safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts