Roe Buck @675

Roe Buck

Went out the other morning to see if i could get a shot at a Buck that i have stalked into a few times which always seems to be one step ahead of me. This guy hangs out at the end of the ground which is basically open hill with a scattering of young trees. Having arrived at my spot i get set up and start spying were i have seen him before after about 20 mins i spot him giving one of the trees a hard time so get the rangefinder on him 600yrd he seems to be up to some serious mischief as he heads over to another young tree and gives that a hammering. I get dialed in on him at 630 but he is facing away from me so wait for him to turn but he's on the move at 660 he stops again i get dialed in but still no shot again he stops this time at 675 and this time iam ready for him :D
i send the 140 vld and he collapses on the spot
IMG00001-20120604-06341.jpg

Good shooting! thats at small target for that distance.

I shoot feral goats for pest control here at that kind of distance,some of them get down to that sort of size, normally the smaller nannys and kids, they are a challange to make first round kill shots on, usally only about a 7" kill zone.

Well done again!

300WSMMAD

Very nice shooting. That's a small target in cover especially at that range!

So tell us the rest what caliber etc?

the rifle is a Defensive Edge 6.5x284 with a 8-32x56 nxs and an Ase Utra sound mod
we have lots of Roe over here i usually shoot about 30-40 each season plus a few of our larger species Red/Fallow/Sika

the rifle is a Defensive Edge 6.5x284 with a 8-32x56 nxs and an Ase Utra sound mod
we have lots of Roe over here i usually shoot about 30-40 each season plus a few of our larger species Red/Fallow/Sika
Well you've certainly got the right set up for that kind of shooting and hunting. Roe Buck are an amazing little animal. It's hard for us used to only the much bigger species to really think of them as deer.

Good thing you have plenty of them there because it sure takes a wad of them to fill a freezer!

Damned tasty meat on those guys too.

Congrats again on some great shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.