roe deer

ven

shot these this morning just as it was getting light .
2007_0223Image0002-1.jpg

neither were long range the first was 200 yards the scond 150 was hunting in an area very populated with roe deer and they are needing thinned out.
shot the first one and as i was going to get it another one apeared so shot iut also.both are heart lung shots it was too windy for head shots with the little 6mmppc.bullet was 70 grain nosler ballistic tips both deer droped on the spot.
2007_0223Image0005.jpg

my rifle cooper 6mmppc with pheonix stock with leoupould 6 to 20 varmint scope.
2007_0223Image0002.jpg

these are the best 3 roe bucks i shot from last year.

hi roe

nice bit of shooting with the 6mm ppc

did you have a lot of problems getting it deer legal,in the UK?????

and what part of the UK are you from?????

Colin

thanks.am up in the far north of scotland so had no problems with the legality of the 6mmppc here for roe as i believe that 22 centrefies are legal for roe in scotland but not in england.
i have read of people loading it to be just deer legal in england too but i cant remember the details.

if you lived on my side of the ocean you would be welcome.we are very lucky here in the uk we have alot of deer and not much hunting pressure.

hi roe

yes i think it is a 50g bullet and 2,450 feet per second, and 1,000 foot pounds. in Scotland and a .22 bullet.

and 100g bullet and 1,700 foot pounds and a .240 caliber.in England.

i have heard that they have to be loaded to the max to make them deer legal,but i have heard of a few that have done it,
callum Ferguson for one.

we are waiting for the laws to be changed down here, and i have heard it is in the pipe line,and my bring us more in line with you lot up north.
still a good mornings work. and I'm glad you realize how lucky you are to be up north,as i have to travel 5 hours to my plot up there. i shoot up near girvan. if you know it.

thanks

Colin

yeah it started raining just after i shot and i had a long drag back so they got kinda wet never mind they soon dry.
col 48 i am very lucky my closest hunting area is 3 mins drive away before i passed my driving test i used to walk .that is the great thing about scotland it is very underpopulated.

hi roe

the heads are quite good as well for up north. the area we shoot is meant to have some nice bucks on, we have seen them on our plot but they are in velvet at the mo,and they always look big in Velvet. still some do look like they will make nice heads,not that i am a big antler type of person,but i do like to see them about.if you know what i mean.i try to get up 1/ 2 times a month but my truk is in the garage and will not be done till next week.so i will be of up there then.

thanks
Colin

col 48.yeah we do get some good heads up here as there is alot of cereal farming in the county im not really into antlers ma self but the odd one is nice to have.i know what you mean they always look like monster bucks in velvet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.