Rifles we wish we've never sold, and WHY!

Just a poll to see how many of us have sold or traded away a rifle, that haunts us to this day!
I know that I have, and at the time, it was thought to be needed.
Mine, was a Winchester Sharpshooter, in 7stw. It had a Schneider barrel, blueprinted action, and full bedded action from the factory.
I was in the process of buying a house, and as everyone can imagine, unexpected costs came up, that required fast cash. I've cringed about it so many times.
Thoughts and comments?
What's your story?

Man, I'd love to have a 7STW! But your need for house finance trumps even that.
I hate selling anything, particularly that I use, since the money is rarely worth the utility of that item.

Elkoholic, my first hunting rifle was a gift from a friend, a model 722 in 257Bob! I gave it to my wife and she threatened me with bodily harm if I ever sold it. It still shoots great.

My first custom rifle as a gift to myself when I graduated west point. It was built by Long Shot Rifles. Stiller Predator, Mcmillan HTG in desert camo, broughton barrel, timney calvin elite trigger. Sold it to pay for my wedding...ugh.

[/QUOTE] Or the one that got away? Bought my son a Remington 7600 in 260 Rem. Extremely accurate for a pump rifle. I had the chance for a 2nd one, consecutive serial # and didn't. Kicking myself to this day.

Model 1894 Winchester Saddle Ring 30-30 in very good condition. Used the funds to build an LR .300 Win. I should have waited to complete the LR build.

Mine was a .222 Savage model 340. My first small caliber rifle, it was amazing how many ground hogs that little rifle sent to the promised land. Traded it for a something I can't even remember now.

Tang Saftey M77 heavy barrel 220 Swift
I bought a Win model 70 in 300 WM, after it made a trip to Win. It shot any ammo in .5 or under. After I shot a moose and an elk. I decided I didn't need it anymore. Sold it to a co worker. There are a couple of other ones also.

Anschutz 1413 .22cal target rifle bought in 1966 for high school and college small bore shooting....shot lights out up until a few years ago when I sold it for a 7STW....hated to see it go. Too difficult to get into prone position on a thin shooting pad with leather 10X jacket and tight arm sling.

Also a 1980 Weatherby Vanguard 25-06 that shot 1/2" with hand loaded 120 gr Nosler Partion. Took a lot of antelope and mule deer with that great rifle.

CZ 452 American in .22lr.
Terrific rifle. I sold it to buy a better one, an Anschutz 1417.
And yes, the Anschutz was a better rifle.
But it didn't make the rabbits any deader. And the fact is, I just didn't like it. It was as teutonically efficient as you'd expect. But it just wasn't likeable.
The CZ is likeable. That's the only word for it. It feels good, shoots good, and looks good.
After a few weeks, I called the dealer. The CZ was still on the shelf, so I bought it right back and swapped out the Anschutz.
This is a nightmarish process under UK gun laws which you really don't want to know about. And my wallet took a heavy hit.
But the CZ is back home in my cabinet, with its old Schmidt and Bender 6x42 scope on top, and I have to say I consider my money well lost.
Of course, my wife thinks I'm a moron ...

Winch
Just a poll to see how many of us have sold or traded away a rifle, that haunts us to this day!
Mine, was a Winchester Sharpshooter, in 7stw. It had a Schneider barrel, blueprinted action, and full bedded action from the factory.
I was in the process of buying a house, and as everyone can imagine, unexpected costs came up, that required fast cash. I've cringed about it so many times.
Thoughts and comments?
What's your story?
Win
Thoughts and comments?
What's your story?
Winchester like new model 52C sporter sold it when i was 17 to pay on a car and have been crying ever since

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.