Rifle Setup Suggestions

Wow...Thank you every body for the awesome advice. Lots of good stuff to consider here. Sounds like there are some good supporters for the round I have chosen which I am pleased to see. Will definitely begin some research into getting started reloading now as well.

I think I will look into some of these custom-built rifles that have been mentioned. I have been aware of them and after seeing some of the prices I initially figured they were out of my reach but then-again I guess I dont have to buy a gun tomorrow and can save up for a couple months and increase my budget. I like what you recommended "406precision" and will definitely check out what you guys are offering.

Thanks again everybody!
If you've got the budget I'd say you can't go wrong with one of the rigs 406 is suggesting.

The Snowy Mountain Action is one of the best and stoutest actions ever produced. I haven't shot any of his rifles but with the components he's using a monkey could put together a decent shooter LOL.

A lot of great advice has been given. My two suggestions would be to go with the .300 over the 7mm simply because of the list of potential game you will be hunting. I would also suggest setting aside a couple hundred dollars of that budget to get a good reloading setup, which it sounds like you might already be planning on. You definitely won't regret that. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.