Reverse thread muzzle brake on 300rum???

wasgas

Well after much frustration with removing my muzzle brake I cut it off today only to find it was reverse thread and soldered at end. I would have never thought that would be possible, but now the bigger question is how do I fix it?

I want a removable brake

20171021_181036.jpg

Attachments

• 20171021_182126.jpg
    20171021_182126.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 255
I would really like to know who would do such a thing ?

This is not something a good Smith would do or even think of doing.

Give us more information please.

Removable brakes are the norm and the only way to do them.

The best way to fix it is to cut the threaded tenon off, and re thread it with standard threads. I would recommend 5/8x24 TPI.

Amazing !!!!!!

J E CUSTOM

I would really like to know who would do such a thing ?

This is not something a good Smith would do or even think of doing.

Give us more information please.

Removable brakes are the norm and the only way to do them.

The best way to fix it is to cut the threaded tenon off, and re thread it with standard threads. I would recommend 5/8x24 TPI.

Amazing !!!!!!

J E CUSTOM
The only other installation I have seen that was done exactly like this one was factory Remington. So most likely it was Remington that would do such a thing. Don't ask me why. Of course your solution is the only one: cut it off and re-thread, although 5/8" threads might be a little large for a .650 diameter muzzle.

Well after much frustration with removing my muzzle brake I cut it off today only to find it was reverse thread and soldered at end. I would have never thought that would be possible, but now the bigger question is how do I fix it?

I want a removable brake

Check out 419s MB, I know that he makes a left hand thread for their universal adapter but not sure if it can screwed directly to your current thread. Here's a video ...

Check out 419s MB, I know that he makes a left hand thread for their universal adapter but not sure if it can screwed directly to your current thread. Here's a video ...

I run 419 brakes and adapters to my TBAC Ultra7. You buy an adapter that is standard thread and converts to reverse thread for their self timing muzzle brakes.

What you could do is call them and they could probably machine an adapter to a standard thread pattern.

I run 419 brakes and adapters to my TBAC Ultra7. You buy an adapter that is standard thread and converts to reverse thread for their self timing muzzle brakes.

What you could do is call them and they could probably machine an adapter to a standard thread pattern.
Dang, that was nearly 8 years ago, and I do not need the help. L🤣L! The OP was last seen Oct 9, 2018.

1711514219615.png