Reverse thread muzzle brake on 300rum???

wasgas

Well after much frustration with removing my muzzle brake I cut it off today only to find it was reverse thread and soldered at end. I would have never thought that would be possible, but now the bigger question is how do I fix it?

I want a removable brake

J E Custom

I would really like to know who would do such a thing ?

This is not something a good Smith would do or even think of doing.

Give us more information please.

Removable brakes are the norm and the only way to do them.

The best way to fix it is to cut the threaded tenon off, and re thread it with standard threads. I would recommend 5/8x24 TPI.

Amazing !!!!!!

J E CUSTOM

wasgas

Remington custom all weather rifle in McMillan stock. Barrel diameter is .650
JNUYm9l2-185368109.jpg

Roeder

I would really like to know who would do such a thing ?

This is not something a good Smith would do or even think of doing.

Give us more information please.

Removable brakes are the norm and the only way to do them.

The best way to fix it is to cut the threaded tenon off, and re thread it with standard threads. I would recommend 5/8x24 TPI.

Amazing !!!!!!

J E CUSTOM
The only other installation I have seen that was done exactly like this one was factory Remington. So most likely it was Remington that would do such a thing. Don't ask me why. Of course your solution is the only one: cut it off and re-thread, although 5/8" threads might be a little large for a .650 diameter muzzle.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Well after much frustration with removing my muzzle brake I cut it off today only to find it was reverse thread and soldered at end. I would have never thought that would be possible, but now the bigger question is how do I fix it?

I want a removable brake
Check out 419s MB, I know that he makes a left hand thread for their universal adapter but not sure if it can screwed directly to your current thread. Here's a video ...

Trending threads