Muzzle brake

hammer111

It's been recommended that I get a muzzle brake so I need some recommendations. Something middle of the road price range but good.

I have a tikka t3 in 7mms 08. I don't know what size to use.

I've got 2 from Nathan . I couldn't be happier with them . one is on a 300wby , the other is on a 338 lapua . all you need to do is tell Nathan what you are wanting to put it on , and he will take care of you . when I need another it will be from him . Jim

Home Page

It's been recommended that I get a muzzle brake so I need some recommendations. Something middle of the road price range but good.

I have a tikka t3 in 7mms 08. I don't know what size to use.

There are plenty of effective muzzle brakes out in the market and no need to go all out, most of the side ported (I'm not a fan of the radial type, holes all around, esp when shooting prone) version like what jimbires recommended is perfect. There are other similar designs but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the first recommendation.

Your choices could be overwhelming if you over think it ... keep it simple and start enjoying the benefits. :):Dgun)

There are plenty of effective muzzle brakes out in the market and no need to go all out, most of the side ported (I'm not a fan of the radial type, holes all around, esp when shooting prone) version like what jimbires recommended is perfect. There are other similar designs but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the first recommendation.

Your choices could be overwhelming if you over think it ... keep it simple and start enjoying the benefits. :):Dgun)

I'm glad you mentioned the radial brakes , I forgot . I don't like to use them shooting prone either , they blow dirt everywhere . side discharge is the way to go . Jim

I have a MNM from Nathan. It is the self timing one, works great. I also have a self timing Alamo Four Star from Masterpiece Arms that was giving to all the RO's running their PRS match, I haven't tried it yet but it is top quality like the MNM.

Don Dunlap

I have two from American Precision and they are great, the Gen ll ones they make have a jam nut and are easy to install. Awesome people as well as a great company.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.