Muzzle Brake

Vias is a good one,unless you shoot off of the ground alot.There's holes on the bottom too,you'll get a dust ball in the face.I was thinking of getting a brake and decided against it,being that to hunt with it would be EXTREMELY loud,and anyone around you at the range will love it.I'm sure a bunch of guys will fill you in on what brake to get.

My vote goes to the V-port brake that Nathen Dagley makes looks cool and works very well. Their is a link bellow to his web site.

The Vias brake isa good but like mentioned it will kick up alot ofr dust and dirt is your shooting close to the ground. the Holland is another good choice but I don't care for the top ports , it seems to make a gun seem kinda funky when shooting from the bench with a bibod.
The big JP Enterprises tank style brake is very effective but very big and I care for its looks.
And both Kirby and Shawn here make their own brakes also.

A partition style brake will reduce felt recoil much better then any radial port design like a Vias.

Plus they have the advantage that you can shoot them in prone position without being covered with ground debris!!

There are alot of good choices, The Defensive Edge brakes are what I use mainly for conventional sized barrels. Holland Quick Discharge brakes work great as well. For larger brakes I make custom brakes for each application All solid bottom parition style brakes.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts