• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Barrelled Actions

Well as I as said after my conversation with them I won't be taking the gamble. And was glad they let me cancel my order because I have no confidence in them following through with their word because I have a feeling they have no idea what they've bought.
Hope it all works out for everyone sticking with their orders.

Last edited:
Well as I as said after my conversation with them I won't be taking the gamble. And was glad they let me cancel my order because I have no confidence in them following through with their word because I have a feeling they have no idea what they've bought.
Hope it all works out for everyone sticking with their orders.
I'm still on the fence. I'm tempted to call and cancel as well

It was the lack of a guaranteed bolt that threw me out of the running. By the time you add up the cost for bolt, headspace/finish chambering, bottom metal and a stock you could be upside down real quick. I told the guy I spoke with if he could guarantee me a bolt I would keep my order and he couldn't guarantee it so I pulled out. I'm sure some will come out smelling like roses and others will get it stuck where the sun dont shine. I know my luck so I went ahead and got out of the game.

I felt so admonished in the beginning of the posts, that I felt against me that I jumped off the thread. I was in contact with PT&G a week before it was even on LRH. Then PT&G changed everything due to all of the negative reviews posted and called into them. I for one had an order of (70) to begin with. I will admit that the roll out on selling the actions and BARRELS was very poor and misunderstood. I knew after all the negative comments from just few AND POOR advertisements would be enough to derail this whole deal. We wrote it I the beginning after the negative comments came out that we were neither endorsing or saying anything negative about PT&G after we pulled our order out. We had numerous members calling us for advice on buying or not. It was difficult for me to say anything except that if you did get a barrel and action for $400 it couldn't be a loss.. just the actions were worth that and if it had a mated barrel LUCKY YOU.. We should have just turned off LRH. for the past week and maybe we could have purchased a small nest egg of rifles and money.

Just b/c a few fortunate ones have had good experiences with a company in the past does not make that company reputable and not deserving of accurate and truthful reviews, negative or not. That's part of the benefit of joining a forum such as this one...learning from the experience of others. And for those that would have been happy with some resemblance of what was advertised, don't be upset when the truth comes out. There may be many more folks who would be better off with their thumb up their rear-end than a $400 "deal" that's gonna cost them more than they have or want to spend to complete the project. Not everyone has a workshop with one of every part made for every rifle built since 1950.
To accuse the members of this tiny forum of derailing your opportunity is a little rich....and whole lot self serving. If a dozen or so guys, talking privately amongst themselves can cause a company to change directions on a sizable project, there is a lot that can be said for the organization and focus of that company.
All I've read are actual testimonials from past customers...some bad but not all.
And real reports of varying responses to similar questions when talking to cust service. How do those private posts cause this company to change up the rules of engagement ?? The answer is they don't !
The more likely culprit is the organizational shortcomings that led to so many bad reviews and skeptics in the first place.
So don't get mad at the messengers....get mad at yourself for trusting in something that's proven to be undeserving of that trust.....most of the time, that is.

I'm glad all of you guys that didn't like the deal, cried and whined enough that you have possibly ruined it for those of us that were totally fine with any deal they were offering. Some of us have all the extras laying around and that didn't bother us that things may not come with them and $400 was fair. You guys probably get along with these cancel culture millenials real well. "If I don't like it or want it, nobody should have it." Really thought I was going to be able to keep quiet about this, but you guys just couldn't shut the F@#$ up and let the rest of us enjoy the opportunity. I am embarrassed that there are this many crybabies on LRH. I have had nothing but great consistent conversations with the folks over at PT&G during the entire process. They have been forthcoming about what they do and don't know about the inventory. Have any of you ever been told, if every day you run into a--holes it's time to realize everybody else is normal and you're the a--hole. And if $400 is too rich for your blood, then maybe you should find a cheaper hobby like collecting bottle caps. So keep high fiving yourselves thinking that you've accomplished something, because you have, you ruined it for everybody else.

I think you get the award for the biggest crybaby tantrum in the entire thread.
  1. PTG originally listed these with the description of BARRELED ACTIONS with the possibility of them coming with extra parts.
  2. It was quickly realized that PTG was putting an item up for sale that they didn't even have.
  3. As people became suspicious and called in, they were given differing stories on what they even had.
  4. It was revealed in this thread after they were up for sale with the original description that now these weren't guaranteed to have a bolt, and could be short chambered.
  5. There is a HUGE different between advertising a BARRELED ACTION vs a BARRELED STRIPPED RECEIVER.
  6. If you think $400 for a barreled stripped receiver is a good deal, then I've got some great ocean front property for sale in Colorado for you.
  7. Enough people called them out on their flip-flopping of what they were even selling that they had to pull them and regroup.
This has nothing to do with people not having spare parts laying around to finish a build. This has to do with a company misleading the public on a product they don't have. This has to do with a company who couldn't communicate to their employees what they were even selling. This has to do with a company backpedaling on a product description days after orders were placed. And at least for me, from previous dealing with them, it's been a problem for a long time.

Now don't get me wrong, they make great gauges and reamers, but I'll only purchase them through a 3rd party as dealing with PTG themselves is an embarrassment.

Recent Posts