• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Barrelled Actions

Len Backus
SIR
PLEASE TURN THIS THREAD OFF!!!
IT IS BEYOND HELP FROM EITHER SIDE. LET THE BUYERS DEAL WITH PT&G AND STOP TAKING UP VALUABLE SPACE, TIME, AND INTELLECTUAL HUNTING & SHOOTING POSTS.

Respectfully
Len & Jill

Len Backus
SIR
PLEASE TURN THIS THREAD OFF!!!
IT IS BEYOND HELP FROM EITHER SIDE. LET THE BUYERS DEAL WITH PT&G AND STOP TAKING UP VALUABLE SPACE, TIME, AND INTELLECTUAL HUNTING & SHOOTING POSTS.

Respectfully
Len & Jill
I thought you bowed out of this thread but you just can't leave it be. If you don't like the thread, unfollow it. This thread is still of value for those that took the gamble.

Respectfully,

Dave

Just for the heck of it I called to ask them if I pre ordered one of these what they came with and if they were short chambered, came with a stock, trigger, bm, or bolt. They told me there's no way for them to know until they get them in hand first.

So hopefully to clarify for some...I too ordered a few of these. After seeing some comments and concerns here, I myself called and talked to Jason this morn; the sales manager. The short of it is: PTG received wrong information from Remington when the they bought out the 5k ish actions in that they would be complete with bolts. Before I ordered, I too talked to Stan and he told me that they would also be complete barreled actions with bolts and that SOME of them could even be complete rifles with stocks, bottom metal, etc. I myself didn't care if it were complete rifle as long as it were a barreled action or really just a complete action with bolt. Jason told me that after they got that information from Remington, that they put out the disclaimer and changed the price to 349 as stripped actions and added the other option of adding Remington bolt and PTG bolts. He told me any order that was placed on or before 5/22/21 would receive a minimum of a complete barreled action with bolt; which I ordered in that time frame. Anyone that ordered after that had the disclaimer placed and would either get to keep their order of a stripped action or, be issued a refund.
I too have had a couple small issues with PTG over the years but, they've normally done their best to make it right. Maybe useless information for some but, wanted to share my conversation from this morning with the sales manager.

So hopefully to clarify for some...I too ordered a few of these. After seeing some comments and concerns here, I myself called and talked to Jason this morn; the sales manager. The short of it is: PTG received wrong information from Remington when the they bought out the 5k ish actions in that they would be complete with bolts. Before I ordered, I too talked to Stan and he told me that they would also be complete barreled actions with bolts and that SOME of them could even be complete rifles with stocks, bottom metal, etc. I myself didn't care if it were complete rifle as long as it were a barreled action or really just a complete action with bolt. Jason told me that after they got that information from Remington, that they put out the disclaimer and changed the price to 349 as stripped actions and added the other option of adding Remington bolt and PTG bolts. He told me any order that was placed on or before 5/22/21 would receive a minimum of a complete barreled action with bolt; which I ordered in that time frame. Anyone that ordered after that had the disclaimer placed and would either get to keep their order of a stripped action or, be issued a refund.
I too have had a couple small issues with PTG over the years but, they've normally done their best to make it right. Maybe useless information for some but, wanted to share my conversation from this morning with the sales manager.
Still cheap even if you have to buy a Bolt

The fine print on the $400. (that is closed to orders now) version now says if the action is missing a bolt, they will supply a surplus Remington bolt or a PTG bolt of their choosing.

I ordered on 5/23 and it was still the same info and still $400