• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Barrelled Actions

quigley257

Word on the street is that PTG purchased all of the Remington Custom Shop inventory during the latest bankruptcy. They have approximately 4400 Custom Shop barrelled actions listed on their site for $400 each. These could be anything from a barrelled action, minus bolt all the way through complete finished rifles. Phone orders only, so good luck getting through. Could be a golden opportunity to pick up a cheap rifle. Read the full description... https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/rem...eled-action-please-read-full-description.html

Download the spreadsheet at the bottom of the page for descriptions and quantities.

I don't see where it states that it is phone orders only. The descriptions in the spreadsheet aren't very thorough though.

I called them, they don't have them in hand yet so they don't know what each has (complete rifle or barreled action, etc).

There's one on the list that I want. Deciding whether to take the chance.

I called PTG and these barrels/actions won't be available for a while. Also no guarantee that you get the barrel you ordered with the action including the bolt. If you look close when you order it has a tab for PTG actions/bolts to add on to the rifle when purchasing. PTG basically bought out the left overs from Remington at a real good deal so they are trying to get rid of the inventory at reduced prices. PTG doesn't want to spend any time or resources in cataloging each piece, hence the lower price. You also may need a gunsmith to finish the chamber. They also have this disclosure:

Some may not come with bolts. PTG bolts can be purchased for all of these barreled actions. These are short Chambered so gunsmithing is required to achieve proper head spacing, this will let you to finish them in a match grade, competition chamber, or for military builds.

Absolutely no refunds, changes, or cancellations once your order is placed.

Just wanted to pass this information along so that you are aware of what you are getting if you purchase a barrel. If you are not a gunsmith, be prepared to send it to one.

Len & Jill

I called PTG and these barrels/actions won't be available for a while. Also no guarantee that you get the barrel you ordered with the action including the bolt. If you look close when you order it has a tab for PTG actions/bolts to add on to the rifle when purchasing. PTG basically bought out the left overs from Remington at a real good deal so they are trying to get rid of the inventory at reduced prices. PTG doesn't want to spend any time or resources in cataloging each piece, hence the lower price. You also may need a gunsmith to finish the chamber. They also have this disclosure:

Some may not come with bolts. PTG bolts can be purchased for all of these barreled actions. These are short Chambered so gunsmithing is required to achieve proper head spacing, this will let you to finish them in a match grade, competition chamber, or for military builds.

Absolutely no refunds, changes, or cancellations once your order is placed.

Just wanted to pass this information along so that you are aware of what you are getting if you purchase a barrel. If you are not a gunsmith, be prepared to send it to one.

Len & Jill
I was only looking to get a complete action and would probably end up selling the barrel anyways. $400 isn't a bad price for a new R700 action.

I called and spoke to Stan at PTG who is supposed to be dealing with them. He said they wouldn't be in until next week but they would all come as a minimum barreled action including bolt. I also asked about headspace and he told me they should all be fine. Only some might include a stock if your lucky..... I took a chance on a few. I added his comments to my order just in case of issues.

We put an order in for (70) mixed calibers and right before I gave the payment I found out some things that changed our minds. I won't advise anyone to buy or not to buy. The actions/barrels were not what we wanted to use them for after speaking with PT&G. However they are completed Rem 700 actions and barrels completly assembled. All you need to do is to put a stock, trigger gurd, bottom metal, mags. Some already already have all that -Complete Rifle. $400.00.