• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Barrelled Actions

Seen this on another place thought it was funny
E1E47564-B555-4188-9782-AE4802990784.jpeg

I took a chance on 2. We'll see what happens. I talked to Stan, he said they are getting a lot and about half were ordered already.
Tarey

Seen this on another place thought it was funny
View attachment 275366
Well, I see the quality of the people more so than the quality of PT&G I wonder if those making negative statements actually have proof and documented problems with PT&G. I can see letting all of us on this forum know of problems so that we don't incur losses or disappointment, not being satisfied, but when we see posts that really knock a company down and tries to lead us to not support a company, I really would like to see examples. All companies have their ups and downs with customer service. How many of us post positive things about the service we receive? I personally have had good service from PT&G. In fact, most of you that have custom rifles built, they were mostly built using PT&G reamers, tooling. So, you wouldn't have those nice accurate rifles without a company like PT&G.
If there is a real problem and your input can help LRH members from a company that isn't taking care of their customers, by all means let us know. To say the PT&G is a company not to deal with due to customer issues -how many times have you dealt with PT&G and how much money and products have you bought from them?
Just my OPINION we have limited companies providing services along with tools/equipment for reloading, gunsmithing. We shouldn't be knocking them down since current Administration is doing that and maybe they want to see us impload! Shooters against shooting companies.
Just a thought. I would rather see all of us supporting our shooting community. I would like to see all of us talking positive about everything and really bringing up the negative items that we all should be informed of.

Let's be positive on this forum
Thanks
Len & Jill

I have always had good service with PTG and I have 15 of their reamers with no problems. And the ones I rent are mostly PTG reamers. So you guys shooting F Class and taking game across the canyon have rifles chambered with them. So Len you are right.
Tarey

Last edited:
I've had good service from the couple things I purchased from them. And when I called, they were pleasant and picked up right away.

And these rifles/barreled actions are from the Remington custom shop. Stock rifles unless you request a modification. So maybe they just don't like Rem. You can't buy a plain action for $400 anymore.

So, you wouldn't have those nice accurate rifles without a company like PT&G.
Try a JGS reamer and get back to me.
The last reamer I had from PTG about 4 years ago was .003 to small at the. 200 line.
I'm not the only one by far, Google and you will see theres plenty of good smiths out there that won't use there reamers anymore.

Try a JGS reamer and get back to me.
The last reamer I had from PTG about 4 years ago was .003 to small at the. 200 line.
I'm not the only one by far, Google and you will see theres plenty of good smiths out there that won't use there reamers anymore.
Yes sir I myself use JGS.
BUT I don't have to give negative reviews to PT&G.
PT&G Are just the middle men between Remington and whoever wants these actions and barrel at an unbelievable price of $400. So let's leave your negative comments about reamers out. I already know what you're saying I buy JGS Myself. This post thread is about buying REMINGTON ACTIONS BARRELS ### PT&G ARE only selling them. Thus is My last post on this. Unless you want more info PM on JUST REMINGTON or call me.
Thanks much
Len and Jill

Yes sir I myself use JGS.
BUT I don't have to give negative reviews to PT&G.
PT&G Are just the middle men between Remington and whoever wants these actions and barrel at an unbelievable price of $400. So let's leave your negative comments about reamers out. I already know what you're saying I buy JGS Myself. This post thread is about buying REMINGTON ACTIONS BARRELS ### PT&G ARE only selling them. This is My last post on this. Unless you want more info PM on JUST REMINGTON or call me.
Thanks much
Len and Jill
I just couldn't leave this alone, although my laptop just got fried, but my phone works. Sir do you actually know how many THOUSANDS of reamers were made by PT&G without any complaints? Also if you had an issue did you contact them, and was the issue resolved? There are some gunsmiths/machinists that may not know how to use the PT&G reamer properly and have issues. Look at the thousands of gunsmiths that have chambered rifles that produced world records when chambered with PT&G. It is just not the reamer, you have to have a very good barrel, with high grade steel that is drilled & rifled with precision. Then the chambering process where you index the barrel to ZERO. After that it is up to the Smith to chamber with accuracy. ALL barrels should be chambered for match grade..
Sir if you did have an issue with a reamer as you stated what were the responses from PT&G??? I would like to hear there side of the issue.
There is aways two sides and I will be the first to say that I have had issues with products also. The main thing is how they respond.
Let's leave your negative experiences from PT&G out.
Or do we need to start another tread asto why not my gunsmith chambered my rifle

Last edited: