• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Barrelled Actions

Yes sir I myself use JGS.
BUT I don't have to give negative reviews to PT&G.
PT&G Are just the middle men between Remington and whoever wants these actions and barrel at an unbelievable price of $400. So let's leave your negative comments about reamers out. I already know what you're saying I buy JGS Myself. This post thread is about buying REMINGTON ACTIONS BARRELS ### PT&G ARE only selling them. This is My last post on this. Unless you want more info PM on JUST REMINGTON or call me.
Thanks much
Len and Jill
I just couldn't leave this alone, although my laptop just got fried, but my phone works. Sir do you actually know how many THOUSANDS of reamers were made by PT&G without any complaints? Also if you had an issue did you contact them, and was the issue resolved? There are some gunsmiths/machinists that may not know how to use the PT&G reamer properly and have issues. Look at the thousands of gunsmiths that have chambered rifles that produced world records when chambered with PT&G. It is just not the reamer, you have to have a very good barrel, with high grade steel that is drilled & rifled with precision. Then the chambering process where you index the barrel to ZERO. After that it is up to the Smith to chamber with accuracy. ALL barrels should be chambered for match grade..
Sir if you did have an issue with a reamer as you stated what were the responses from PT&G??? I would like to hear their side of the issue.
There is aways two sides and I will be the first to say that I have had issues with products also. The main thing is how they respond.
Let's leave your negative experiences from PT&G out.
Or do we need to start another tread as to why my gunsmith chambered my rifle .003 too small???

Last edited:
Looking over the list compared to their last catalog, these aren't custom shop rifles but more likely the mainline leftover rifles. Not to mention the big giveaway is the lack of 40x models. I think this is consistent with peoples dealings with PTG. They are too fast to put a product up for sale without either having a full quality description or even having them in hand.

That said, I might put in for one or two just because I need some complete actions.

I phoned them to place a order yesterday….. the person I talked to sounded reasonably young and knew nothing! As long as I was able to provide a part number he was able to take my order and a credit card number

I put in an order for 2. Considering they didn't have them in their system with individual item numbers, who knows how well they tracked the orders. It will be fun to see how this plays out.

I put in an order for 2. Considering they didn't have them in their system with individual item numbers, who knows how well they tracked the orders. It will be fun to see how this plays out.
How can you go wrong with getting an actions and barrel.
You may even receive full rifles with stocks.
Good luck to you and if you need any help after you get these rifles please contact us. We will be more than glad to help you out. Not that you will need anything except for maybe stocks and then hitting the X.
God bless
Len and Jill

It's tempting, but I'm done with PTG as well. Terrible communication on my last order and constant hounding to finally get my set of gauges.

They have a separate area for the stripped actions. If you look at the prices they are pretty high for stripped actions. But the barreled actions and complete rifles are 400? Not adding up to me.

Recent Posts