• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Barrelled Actions

What barrels did remington custom shop use on these? Were they hammer forged in house made barrels or did they source them from another manufacturer?

I ordered on 5/23 and it was still the same info and still $400
There was at some time in there that they pulled the list down. He'd just told me 5/22 was the date but, I'd figure they wouldn't change on a Sunday on 5/23???? Just relaying my information I was given

I don't think the company is doing the old bait and switch, I doubt they are that savvy. It looks like they just couldn't wait till they had the product in hand before blasting out the advertisement. It appears that the disorganization that ruled the day in the past, and led to many unhappy customers, is still alive and well.
I hope folks get what they've been promised, and once the dust settles, PT&G may surprise everyone and deliver.

Forgive me but I'm not seeing what's special about these rifles. Price for the labor day sale isn't bad but it's not enough for me to buy one just because it's a huge discount. It might be a different story if I were intending to buy a rifle at the moment.

Forgive me but I'm not seeing what's special about these rifles. Price for the labor day sale isn't bad but it's not enough for me to buy one just because it's a huge discount. It might be a different story if I were intending to buy a rifle at the moment.
The thing is you don`t know what you are buying.It is a crap shoot.Wait until they get the product in hand and can give a better description.

What if you saw a classified ad that said " brand new rem 700 in the caliber you were after for $400.00"

That's the gamble some of us took. Will we end up with a short chambered barreled action? Maybe. Will we end up with complete rife? Maybe.

It's a mystery box if you will and some we're willing to gamble. Others with a smaller tolerance for risk are still asking questions. I'm excited to see what we get even though I grabbed them up for a co worker and an family member.

You got to know when to hold em....know when to walk away and know when to run!

Never count you rifle when you typing on the internet there be time enough to talk about it when the dealings done.

Last edited:
I have read thought this thread and thought I would chime in. I purchased a 338lm "barreled action" because of this post, actually 9 minutes after this thread was started. My thoughts are if I can get a r700 stainless action w/ .585 bolt for $427 with shipping I am winning. It will be a bonus if I get a barrel and it shoots. I am happy to take the risk, we will see what happens I guess.

Last edited:
I have read thought this thread and thought I would chime in. I purchased a 338lm "barreled action" because of this post, actually 9 minutes after this thread was started. My thoughts are if I can get a r700 stainless action w/ .590 bolt for $427 with shipping I am winning. It will be a bonus if I get a barrel and it shoots. I am happy to take the risk, we will see what happens I guess.
My thought exactly. I read through the list and the only 6 Creedmoor 24" Cerakote threaded muzzle I find when I search is a PCR. So if I'm lucky and based on the timing of the bankruptcy, I got a PCR Enhanced with an MDT SRS and 5R fluted barrel. If not I paid $400 for a stainless 700 action for my next build I didn't know I needed.

I would agree that the action would be worth it and anything else is a bonus, but if you only get the bare receiver with a short chambered barrel, then you didn't really get much that you can use. I was also only really interested in getting a completed action.

Forgive me but I'm not seeing what's special about these rifles. Price for the labor day sale isn't bad but it's not enough for me to buy one just because it's a huge discount. It might be a different story if I were intending to buy a
My thought exactly. I read through the list and the only 6 Creedmoor 24" Cerakote threaded muzzle I find when I search is a PCR. So if I'm lucky and based on the timing of the bankruptcy, I got a PCR Enhanced with an MDT SRS and 5R fluted barrel. If not I paid $400 for a stainless 700 action for my next build I didn't know I needed.
I ordered one too 😁

I like gambles and those familiar with the old days of woot know what the bag of crap is. I'd buy every one I could possible get.

But for this, it was too much unknown with someone who hasn't had great customer service lately - especially since for a while you could get a brand new ADL when Dicks/Walmart were blowing them out for under $400 for a brand new complete rifle.

I like gambles and those familiar with the old days of woot know what the bag of crap is. I'd buy every one I could possible get.

But for this, it was too much unknown with someone who hasn't had great customer service lately - especially since for a while you could get a brand new ADL when Dicks/Walmart were blowing them out for under $400 for a brand new complete rifle.
Maybe you could in most calibers, but not in 338 lapua. Last June you could buy a stainless 300 ultra mag action with trigger for $375.