• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

REMINGTON 700 BARRELED ACTIONS from PTG

I saw the barreled actions and passed. Several times I have ordered something from PTG and gotten it MONTHS later with no explanation. The latest was the short action Remington AR magazine DBM floorplates. Ordered in February, delivered in September. I began emailing in April and each time I'd get platitudes; they're on the shop floor and will be done this week, they're out for anodizing and will ship yadda, yadda, yadda...

I finally stopped. I had a custom rifle waiting for the bottom metal and had a different setup installed.

My gunsmith has been waithing longer than me for something... He's done too. They aren't the only fish in the pond.

The last communication I will ever have with PTG was to tell the fella that had been sending the platitudes he should look for another job because every time I have dealt with a company with business practices like PTG soon they were out of business...

Lotsa cool stuff on their website. If you can ever get it.
So why are you even commenting as you don't have a horse in the race ? As has been said before " We all knew the risk when we ordered"

I have very little to complain about order three barreled actions then right before they shipped I called and added the bolts they took care of it with no problem then ordered three more no problem then one but the action was spoken for so order a different one then my ffl dealer order two black oxide variment204 Rugers got all the barreled actions we order just waiting on three bolts and two bottom metals with covid it's hard to find good help . but they do need to keep everyone inform about what they have order

I have a factory .473 LA complete bolt from an "E" prefix if anyone needs a bolt. I would rather trade it towards a good LA stock or chassis for a 338 sherman build I am doing. It may have been cycled 30 times in its reciever before I replaced it with a fluted bolt w/ M16 extractor.

Last edited:
I have a factory .473 LA complete bolt from an "E" prefix if anyone needs a bolt. I would rather trade it towards a good LA stock or chassis for a 338 sherman build I am doing. It may have been cycled 30 times in its reciever before I replaced it with a fluted bolt w/ M16 extractor.
Just trying to help anyone that's been waiting patiently and hasn't had the best experience with PTG. I waited 3 months for a bolt order and it was prior to these actions being sold. When I measured the o.d of the bolts they had taken off an extra .003" from what I wanted. Luckily I bought several ADL rifles that walmart had that made a better fit for them.

Attachments

• 20211009_225751.jpg
    20211009_225751.jpg
    893.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211009_225457.jpg
    20211009_225457.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 20211009_225654.jpg
    20211009_225654.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 28

Recent Posts