• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

REMINGTON 700 BARRELED ACTIONS from PTG

I can't believe that the custom shop had 5000 barreled actions left laying around when Remington folded, it would be at least 5 years worth of custom shop rifles and there is nothing to indicate custom shop on them and the ones I received were rr receivers. The bores where shinny but remington did from time to time use after market barrels remember the hart barreled 700s.

I can't believe that the custom shop had 5000 barreled actions left laying around when Remington folded, it would be at least 5 years worth of custom shop rifles and there is nothing to indicate custom shop on them and the ones I received were rr receivers. The bores where shinny but remington did from time to time use after market barrels remember the hart barreled 700s.

Probably a bunch of leftover receivers that PTG is throwing their bolts in and then take off factory barrels from their pile in the corner of the shop.

Wonder if anyone has asked about the 338 Lapua yet? I personally haven't called to ask about them, but I know 5 of us ordered the 338 lapua ss fluted. I really hope they show up.

Wonder if anyone has asked about the 338 Lapua yet? I personally haven't called to ask about them, but I know 5 of us ordered the 338 lapua ss fluted. I really hope they show up.
I called about a month after I received a barreled action in a different cartridge and was told "the FFL guy actually just got off the phone with your FFL and is preparing it to ship right now. It should ship by the end of the week". So I ordered a .338 Lapua reamer, bottom metal, and detachable mag for .338Lapua, then I hung up and bought a stock. Two weeks later I called and asked if they had a particular model 30-06 in stock. I was told "well if Remington doesn't start shipping me any bolts, then I'm not gonna order any more". WEIRD ANSWER. I then I said I was going to pay for a complete PT&G bolt anyway, to which he replied that they could probably do it then, but I needed to talk to Stan, so he transferred me. Stan said that they did in fact have that model in stock. I then asked if there were any models that were more likely to have custom barrels than other models to which he said "ehhhh…not really"(take that for what you will considering other comment supposedly attributed to Stan and Dave about the barrels). Then I asked about my 338 Lapua that was supposedly going to ship by the end of the week two weeks prior. He said "I'm sorry. I really don't know why they told you that. We have not received any 338Lapuas, but I do expect them in a few weeks". I asked if he was sure I was going to get one, since I'd recently ordered a reamer and parts for one and he said "based on your order date, I would say that you will most likely get one".

All of this was more than two months ago.

I asked today …. Was told "I got the last 2 pallets on Tuesday, so I am pulling orders now"

For all you guys commenting on the barrels, make and quality, this was from an earlier post from when I spoke with Ward who ran and still runs the new custom shop.

I spoke with Ward, who had been in charge of Remington's Custom shop ( for 30yrs. ) before and now, it is called Parkwest Arms 605-702-0060 He said the barrels on the actions PTG has are Shilen barrels, even though they are roll stamped with Remingtons info and caliber. They are short chambered because they were threaded and short chambered anywhere ( from -.008 to -.050 ) on a CNC machine for faster production. The actions are all blueprinted either by them, or LRI helped them when they were busy. They are not in posession of the barreled actions that PTG is selling, the actions got shipped to Remington when the custom shop closed because the ATF said you couldn't leave serialized parts there.
Ward said they are working on a pricing schedule in case you would like them to finish chambering it. ( about $125.00 he was thinking out loud )
He said when they came back to the custom shop after it had been closed, they cleaned and painted and did any repairs the equipment needed before starting custom production again. They are also Dakota Arms he said. They will be able to produce any caliber, using any barrel manufacturer you choose, and any stock to build you the custom rifle you want.
Ward is a very nice gentleman, we spoke for about a 1/2 hour.
If you have any question, he said feel free to call them.
SO, I knew the barrels weren't factory and the actions machining was meticulous for a Remington.
SO I think they were a good deal, especially with the price increase you see on new Remington actions.
Tarey