• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

REMINGTON 700 BARRELED ACTIONS from PTG

So any new orders on these you'd have to pay extra for a bolt or it won't ship with one? They removed that lingo from the description but none is still an option for the drop downs.

So any new orders on these you'd have to pay extra for a bolt or it won't ship with one? They removed that lingo from the description but none is still an option for the drop downs.
"None" means you don't get a bolt. You cannot purchase one without selecting an option. "None" is the only option that doesn't increase the price, and selecting "none" makes it quite obvious that you will not get a bolt.

Some of the earlier descriptions were a little vague, but there was no option for no bolt, only upgraded bolts. At that time, if did not choose an upgraded bolt, you would get a Remington bolt if they had one for your action, or a PT&G bolt if they didn't have a Remington bolt for your action.

I have sent a few emails with questions and never heard anything back yet. That was back in August when they were first listed. I am still waiting on a 338 Lapua and a refund for my 300 RUM since they don't have any…

I spoke with Ward, who had been in charge of Remington's Custom shop ( for 30yrs. ) before and now, it is called Parkwest Arms 605-702-0060 He said the barrels on the actions PTG has are Shilen barrels, even though they are roll stamped with Remingtons info and caliber. They are short chambered because they were threaded and short chambered anywhere ( from -.008 to -.050 ) on a CNC machine for faster production. The actions are all blueprinted either by them, or LRI helped them when they were busy. They are not in posession of the barreled actions that PTG is selling, the actions got shipped to Remington when the custom shop closed because the ATF said you couldn't leave serialized parts there.
Ward said they are working on a pricing schedule in case you would like them to finish chambering it. ( about $125.00 he was thinking out loud )
He said when they came back to the custom shop after it had been closed, they cleaned and painted and did any repairs the equipment needed before starting custom production again. They are also Dakota Arms he said. They will be able to produce any caliber, using any barrel manufacturer you choose, and any stock to build you the custom rifle you want.
Ward is a very nice gentleman, we spoke for about a 1/2 hour.
If you have any question, he said feel free to call them.
SO, I knew the barrels weren't factory and the actions machining was meticulous for a Remington.
SO I think they were a good deal, especially with the price increase you see on new Remington actions.
Tarey

I spoke with Ward, who had been in charge of Remington's Custom shop ( for 30yrs. ) before and now, it is called Parkwest Arms 605-702-0060 He said the barrels on the actions PTG has are Shilen barrels, even though they are roll stamped with Remingtons info and caliber. They are short chambered because they were threaded and short chambered anywhere ( from -.008 to -.050 ) on a CNC machine for faster production. The actions are all blueprinted either by them, or LRI helped them when they were busy. They are not in posession of the barreled actions that PTG is selling, the actions got shipped to Remington when the custom shop closed because the ATF said you couldn't leave serialized parts there.
Ward said they are working on a pricing schedule in case you would like them to finish chambering it. ( about $125.00 he was thinking out loud )
He said when they came back to the custom shop after it had been closed, they cleaned and painted and did any repairs the equipment needed before starting custom production again. They are also Dakota Arms he said. They will be able to produce any caliber, using any barrel manufacturer you choose, and any stock to build you the custom rifle you want.
Ward is a very nice gentleman, we spoke for about a 1/2 hour.
If you have any question, he said feel free to call them.
SO, I knew the barrels weren't factory and the actions machining was meticulous for a Remington.
SO I think they were a good deal, especially with the price increase you see on new Remington actions.
Tarey

Thanks for the info, what's the deal with almost all of them nothing having a bolt? If they were blueprinted isn't fitting the bolt part of that?

The Actions were blueprinted, bolt is a seperate component. You could of wanted different things done to the bolt ( factory or PTG, extractor, fluting, bolt handle, ) could be done when you ordered then. Does that make sense?
Tarey

The Actions were blueprinted, bolt is a seperate component. You could of wanted different things done to the bolt ( factory or PTG, extractor, fluting, bolt handle, ) could be done when you ordered then. Does that make sense?
Tarey

It does, but there must be a pile of bolts sitting in Wards shop that didn't get the ATF boxed actions that went to PTG.

Call him and ask him. The first batch from PTG came with a PTG bolt for $400. that was a deal.
Tarey

I spoke with Stan yesterday. Another shipment of 1k plus are supposed to arrive within next 2 weeks and the 338's are supposed to be on this load...God willing. We had a good chat and he agreed this whole ordeal has been a challenge but they are trying to work through it best they can. He also emailed me a list of the leftovers right now and what is on thier site isn't even close.

Here is the list he sent me. I'm guessing it may change again once this next shipment arrives but as of yesterday this was the list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-134422_Office Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-134422_Office Mobile.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 90