Remigton 700 Recomende bases and rings

Greg Duerr

I have a Remington 700 that has a set of OK bases and Rings that work ok.

Could you recommend some bases and Rings that work for you..

I have tried all kinds of setups and if you dont want the heavy duty tactical setup, go with the Tally lightweight one piece ring and base sets. The front and back are seperate, so only 2 pieces. Dont let the "lightweight" description throw you off, as the are light in weight and low profile, but pretty heavy duty. Try them out, if you dont like them, i need a couple more sets and I will take them off your hands. Go with the low set, there is plenty of room.

I have a Leupold V3 4.5x14 x40 The rings and bases I have give me about 1/64 clearance for the Bell, they are S&K Bases and Rings. I bought them for their light weight but they have features I don't like......................I will look into them and give them a try and yes If I don't like them I will make your a really good deal.

Can you get them in black matt?

I will take them if you dont like them. Yes, they come in matte black. I got mine from Brownells. My wifes uncle has them on a .338 Win Mag and has been to Africa and New Zealand hunting with them and still rock solid after 3 years of hard use.

Near Manufacturing

Badger Ordnance

Nightforce

Seekins

Many quality bases and rings out there, however, one of these would be my first choice. I used Badger Ordnance components on my last build. But sometimes choices are dictated by budget!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.