New Bases and Rings for LH 700

Guys-

I've got a left handed 700 SPS Varmint in 308. I'm looking to get some 20 MOA bases and new rings to go with it to extend my range. I did some 525 yard shooting this weekend and had to crank my elevation knob all the way up and still hold 3 MOA over.

I looked around and found that 1 piece rails come in regular and left handed. If I buy a regular rail, will it interfere with the LH action at all? Should I just get 2 piece to avoid the possible dilemma?

Also, which ones should I get? I'd like to keep it below $150 total for both. I was thinking:

Nightforce 2-Piece 20 MOA Picatinny-Style Scope Base Remington 700 Short Action Matte

Nightforce 2-Piece 20 MOA Picatinny-Style Scope Base Remington 700 Short Action Matte - MidwayUSA

AND

Burris 1" Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Medium

Burris 1" Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Medium - MidwayUSA

I have a Weaver scope, 1" tube, 40 mm objective.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I am a fellow southpaw. EGW bases are awsome. Come in RH and LH, they look the same to me... But you can get the ones called "LH" off opticsplanet for the same as the "RH" ones.

I have burris xtreme rings and they are awsome. Solid as hell. 4 plane flights and zero never shifted.

Could also look into burris rings with inserts. Those are nifty too.

Here's the difference between the LH and RH bases. Not much, maybe 1/8".

Btw all my LH rifles have RH EGW bases on them.

Make sure you get better screws, EGW's are very soft.

IMGP1363.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.