Rem, Savage, Sig,.........

There's a reason the 700 action has remained virually unchanged for 53 years...

You don't mess with perfection.

You guys crack me up. Your loyalty is commendable but buy a Remington or Savage, change the trigger, stock,, etc. Buy a Sako, Steyr or Sauer and dont need to change anything.

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 52
I have no experience with the sig rifles but their handguns are top notch quality and their customer service is excellent.

I have never been a savage fan because they are just plain ugly to me, but I recently came into ownership of a savage 116 and have been very impressed with how well it shoots.

I like Remington's as much as the next guy but I probably won't be buying one in the near future and this article will sum it up.

Remington postpones settlement for trigger lawsuit

If remington issues this recall, it will either put them under or directly impact quality of the rilfes coming out of the factory in the future if it hasn't already. If you want remington buy used and have a gunsmith build what you want. It will probably be close to the same price as the sig.

Sako and tikka are excellent rifles that you might want to take a look into as well.

With the choices you listed I would personally go with Savage.

by the time you spend all that money, you could simply buy a Savage custom shop rifle in .308 and shoot .200" groups effortlessly. Never get there with a Remington anything
gary
Funny...I have a factory non-custom shop 5R Milspec Remington .308 that shoots .203" groups..... But I guess nothing Remington will ever do that... :rolleyes:

I have no experience with the sig rifles but their handguns are top notch quality and their customer service is excellent.

I have never been a savage fan because they are just plain ugly to me, but I recently came into ownership of a savage 116 and have been very impressed with how well it shoots.

I like Remington's as much as the next guy but I probably won't be buying one in the near future and this article will sum it up.

Remington postpones settlement for trigger lawsuit

If remington issues this recall, it will either put them under or directly impact quality of the rilfes coming out of the factory in the future if it hasn't already. If you want remington buy used and have a gunsmith build what you want. It will probably be close to the same price as the sig.

Sako and tikka are excellent rifles that you might want to take a look into as well.

With the choices you listed I would personally go with Savage.
The Walker triggers were NOT defective... The dipsh*ts doing backyard trigger-jobs that didn't know what they were doing was what caused those incidents.

That's why I do my OWN trigger jobs. I trust me, and I know how to safely test and tune a trigger. It's not hard, just know what each screw does and know how they work, add a little bit of common sense in there, and you can easily tune one.

The Walker triggers were NOT defective... The dipsh*ts doing backyard trigger-jobs that didn't know what they were doing was what caused those incidents.

That's why I do my OWN trigger jobs. I trust me, and I know how to safely test and tune a trigger. It's not hard, just know what each screw does and know how they work, add a little bit of common sense in there, and you can easily tune one.

I would have agreed with you on the trigger until I had one of the original guns in that was a part of the lawsuit. It's not abused, tuned or anything but a bad trigger, the lawsuit was not as BS as you think!

I would have agreed with you on the trigger until I had one of the original guns in that was a part of the lawsuit. It's not abused, tuned or anything but a bad trigger, the lawsuit was not as BS as you think!
I voluntarily buy a bunch of those triggers, and several of my 700's came with them...And I have never had a single issue.

If anybody has any of the old wide gold shoe flatback triggers they are scared of, PM me for my address, I will properly dispose of them for you. :D:D:D

I agree and losing a child is no laughing matter and wouldn't wish that to anybody including the so called dipsh*ts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.