rem or savage

pikergolf

brought over from coyote hunting
Hey guys am looking for a coyote rifle for up to 500 yrds. leaning heavily to .243. So... savage model 10 predator with 22 in. barrel , savavage 12fv with 26 in barrel or Rem 700 sps varminter with 26.in barrel. Am left handed which the rem can do but it's not a biggy. Accuracy is a biggy though. How much more velocity can I gain with 26.in barrel. Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm really beginning to like the Savage action. 4" of barrel length will may a decent difference.

I'd go with the Savage if it were me. Then when I decided that the 243 wasn't really what I wanted a cartridge change would be simple.

I prefer savages in general but I would go with the Remington if Savage does not offer what you want in left hand. I am a righty and could not deal with a left hand bolt action. The 26" barrel should give you 100FPS minimum velocity gain.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.