rem 700

callmaster64

Well my wife got me a 700 adl varmint in 308 from dicks sporting goods for christmas and is was a shock to me becouse she would never buy me a gun as a gift. I was looking at the sps before the holidays if there is a difference let me know. It will be used for hunting and target shooting. Question is what are the pros and cons and if it was your weapon would you change anything other then the optics. And does it have the cappability to be a long range shooter which is my intentions. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Well my wife got me a 700 adl varmint in 308 from dicks sporting goods for christmas and is was a shock to me becouse she would never buy me a gun as a gift. I was looking at the sps before the holidays if there is a difference let me know. It will be used for hunting and target shooting. Question is what are the pros and cons and if it was your weapon would you change anything other then the optics. And does it have the cappability to be a long range shooter which is my intentions. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I bought one of those about two years ago, and surprisingly, it has turned out to be a tack driver. The barrel was exceptional, again a surprise. Mine loves 168' and 175 SMK's, and a load of 8208. I bought it as something to shoot in the off season. I have several one holer' targets at 100, and a few .37 groups at 200. The scope that came with it is junk, so don't even bother. I put a Nikon monarch on it, and it is a nice rig, that didn't cost a fortune. I also have almost the same rifle in 22-250, that is green, with the BDL floor plate. Another tack driver. Good luck,maybe you got a good one!!!

Just put some good glass on it and shoot it for now you will figure out what you need to change as you go. Your wife is a keeper:D

I think about the only difference between the 700 ADL and the 700 SPS is the floor plate on the SPS. I looked at the 700 ADLs at Dicks and decided to go with an SPS at another gun shop just because I don't like cycling the shells through the action to unload. I bought one in a sporter barreled .243 as a walk about coyote rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts