Rem 700 long action

Akredneck

So just looking for some ideas, I have a rem 700 270 win. Needs to be rebarreled. Looking to get back into long range shooting 1k plus. Problems I have, live way up north in AK, shipping is only option. Most companies charge extra for shipping or won't ship to AK. Looking for something easy to make or buy. I form fire 30Belted Newton, 7-30 waters and 300 aac. Thinking 308 Norma, or 338 Norma, components are easy to find and budget friendly ( still have teenagers eating us out of house and home). Thinking either bartlin or kreiger barrel, but open to suggestions. Any input or thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

My first thoughts were building off a 30-06 base case. That should be an easier component to get even way up north. I'd probably target 30 cal or 7mm. Get a 26-28" remage barrel and have at it.

I have, there is a gunsmith, I use, has reamers for both Norma's. I know sportsman's warehouse has lots of brass for both. But am looking for options available
If you can get the components easily and a have trusted gunsmith then build to your heart's desire buddy. I wouldn't worry about other people's opinion. Build what YOU want.

If you can get the components easily and a have trusted gunsmith then build to your heart's desire buddy. I wouldn't worry about other people's opinion. Build what YOU want.
The problem is not sure what I want, just know not a 6.5 creed. Lol
Trying to get ideas for cartridges I have not though of. I stuck my head in old school jar long time age, 30/06, 270 win 300 win, 243 win. 6.5 swedes. Never really think about other cartridges. I shot 308 win in competition previously, have a long action looking to reuse. FYI not against 308 win again already familiar with the DOPE.

The problem is not sure what I want, just know not a 6.5 creed. Lol
Trying to get ideas for cartridges I have not though of. I stuck my head in old school jar long time age, 30/06, 270 win 300 win, 243 win. 6.5 swedes. Never really think about other cartridges. I shot 308 win in competition previously, have a long action looking to reuse. FYI not against 308 win again already familiar with the DOPE.
Well I'd look around. If this is a competition rifle then even the 308 is still on the table. A long action with a 200 gr plus bullets has been used lately. I'd figure out if this is going to be a hunting rifle, tactical setup, or long range competition rifle first. Or some dual purpose variant and then go from there. The nice thing is the Rem 700 long action gives you a ton of options. You can even keep the standard bolthead.

Well I'd look around. If this is a competition rifle then even the 308 is still on the table. A long action with a 200 gr plus bullets has been used lately. I'd figure out if this is going to be a hunting rifle, tactical setup, or long range competition rifle first. Or some dual purpose variant and then go from there. The nice thing is the Rem 700 long action gives you a ton of options. You can even keep the standard bolthead.
Strictly long range