Rem 700 Long Range?

I am watching your thread with interest in LRO, I have a Model 70 FWT with Brown Rec. stock in 30-06AI. It is set up as a woods rifle & out to 600 or so, but still, if I get 2900 where you are getting 3K would be great, but then again I do think of a '06 Heavy from time to time.

3K is a hope... I'm hoping for 3K. But I'm sure it will be around 2,9xx. I hope since I have a looser twist (1:12 vs 1:10) than Jeff I will gain some speed. But I haven't chrono'd yet, since I haven't been able to ladder test yet. I should be ladder testing tomorrow. Hopefully.

Once I find my node, I will be shooting with the MagnetoSpeed V2 on there to get my velocity, and will post my results.

But of course...$40 is unobtanqble to everyone. :D

I'm glad someone sees logic instead of Savage supporter propoganda.

The $40 old school trigger is actually an upgrade instead of the XMP piece of junk, which falls inline next to that awesome "lawyer-lock" they called the "J-Lock". Another pre-lawsuit fiasco. Anything to deter potential Remington buyers, to lead them towards the Savage line.

Not that Feenix is doing that, but by the perpetual spamming of the forum with that single piece if info does seem a bit odd.

Feenix, we are still friends, I hold no resentment, and I know you are simply trying to help & educate others with the PSA. But it does start to look a bit "odd" after about 3-4 posts of the same thing.

I am NOT trying to get confrontational, so please pardon my use of the word "odd", but any other antonym escapes me at the moment.

If letting people know about safety issue and Remington's attempt to fix it is considered spamming then Len can delete my posts with my best intentions in mind. If it is up to me, any safety issue/concern will be a sticky regardless of brand. There is no substitute for safety, Murphy does not discriminate anyone!

My friend's son's rifle went off near his son's friend. This happened on two of his rifles on different occasion. One of the rifles was returned to Sportsman's before the recall.

I was simply reaching and hoping people to nothing more than to simply acknowledge it like the examples I provided. If others want to turn it to anything but my original intention, then they misconstrued my honest attempt.

This is not my first attempt in warning people on safety recalls; this one is on TC Venture, see #4 of http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/new-gun-85681/. I would have done it like this one but I too didn't know about the recall a year earlier - my post was 02-02-12 but the safety recall was 11-11-11.

Len,

If you feel my posts are anything but what I noted above, please delete them. Thanks!

Ed

Last edited:
I have one of these in 7mm mag. The stock looks like it's actually the HS precision stock they use on the model 700p.

It doesn't have the same bedding block that th bell stocks do.

So not to get off topic here,I thought a 700 action was a good starting point.I have a 700,a Win M70 and a Ruger M77 .Which action rifle is the better one to have reworked for good shooting out to 600 yds for Elk ?

So not to get off topic here,I thought a 700 action was a good starting point.I have a 700,a Win M70 and a Ruger M77 .Which action rifle is the better one to have reworked for good shooting out to 600 yds for Elk ?
700 is the best, 70 is next, then 77 (of the 3 rifles you have, that is the best-to-least order).

Personally, I'd go 700......Then again, I go 700 every time. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.