Rem 700 Long Range?

Just have your smith swap in a Jewell and you'll be golden. Then you won't have to send your rifle off and wait for 3 months, or more.

Yeah, but $40 for an old school Rem wide-shoe trigger is easily justifiable. Thry'll drop down to 2-2.5 lbs safely (if done by a good smith), and can be smooth as glass. Easily justifiable compared to 3+ months of no trigger time, and a considerable upgrade over that XMP piece of junk.

Not having the money for your proposition is not an easy call; thus end user's call.

Then buying the rifle will not be an easy call, how do you think they would scope it and then shoot it, looks like you want the last word on that I am done, not with the thread, but this back and forth because you were wrong about the trigger.

Yeah, but $40 for an old school Rem wide-shoe trigger is easily justifiable. Thry'll drop down to 2-2.5 lbs safely (if done by a good smith), and can be smooth as glass. Easily justifiable compared to 3+ months of no trigger time, and a considerable upgrade over that XMP piece of junk.

Well yes, but you weren't supposed to bring that up, it's supposed to be out of reach.
Yes Mudrunner, that would be a good way to go as well.

Then buying the rifle will not be an easy call, how do you think they would scope it and then shoot it, looks like you want the last word on that I am done, not with the thread, but this back and forth because you were wrong about the trigger.

I never said anything about me having the final word other than the end user having the final decision.

How was I wrong with the trigger when I only posted as a FYSA (not taking any sides or stance) for those affected to take their own actions accordingly?

Like these members ...

Because my rifle is affected by the Remington trigger recall they sent me a 40% off coupon to use on their website. I was wondering if this stock is the HS Precision that comes standard on the Sendero? I had been looking at some Bell and Carlson stocks as well as a Manners, but considering the price would this Sendero stock be just as good? Thanks for your help.

Remington 700 L/A Sendero Synthetic Stock Assembly, Black/Grey, Palm Swell (F249063) : Rifle Stocks

Thanks, Feenix. Mine is on the list and I'll be sending it back when I get the packaging material from Remington.
This post by "lapua40x" at AccurateShooter.com hits home with me.
Remington 700 Trigger Recall

Thanks for the heads up, I have two to send back! However I couldn't get the online registration to work so will have to wait and call the 800 number........

So chillax, there's no need to get confrontational !!!

Last edited:
Well yes, but you weren't supposed to bring that up, it's supposed to be out of reach.
Yes Mudrunner, that would be a good way to go as well.

But of course...$40 is unobtanqble to everyone. :D

I'm glad someone sees logic instead of Savage supporter propoganda.

The $40 old school trigger is actually an upgrade instead of the XMP piece of junk, which falls inline next to that awesome "lawyer-lock" they called the "J-Lock". Another pre-lawsuit fiasco. Anything to deter potential Remington buyers, to lead them towards the Savage line.

Not that Feenix is doing that, but by the perpetual spamming of the forum with that single piece if info does seem a bit odd.

Feenix, we are still friends, I hold no resentment, and I know you are simply trying to help & educate others with the PSA. But it does start to look a bit "odd" after about 3-4 posts of the same thing.

I am NOT trying to get confrontational, so please pardon my use of the word "odd", but any other antonym escapes me at the moment.

But of course...$40 is unobtanqble to everyone. :D

I'm glad someone sees logic instead of Savage supporter propoganda.

Kinda thought that was what it was all about, OH my !!

Anyway, I really don't need another 30-06, but may have to buy one of these and see what it will do, too many features to ignore for the money.

Kinda thought that was what it was all about, OH my !!

Anyway, I really don't need another 30-06, but may have to buy one of these and see what it will do, too many features to ignore for the money.

Get a Varmint model with the 26" heavy 1:12 twist, and bore the chamber to .30-06 AI, and work that barrel over. Mine is shooting GREAT with those 185 Berger VLD's and 7828 SSC. I hate the .30-06 Sprg caliber because it is THE singlemost popular cartridge around these parts, next to the .270 Win, but I've been inpressed with the AI so far. It can handle 103% AI load with no major pressure signs. Which means I shohld be moving (hopefully) around 3K or maybe more.

Deer beware this year! :D

Get a Varmint model with the 26" heavy 1:12 twist, and bore the chamber to .30-06 AI, and work that barrel over. Mine is shooting GREAT with those 185 Berger VLD's and 7828 SSC. I hate the .30-06 Sprg caliber because it is THE singlemost popular cartridge around these parts, next to the .270 Win, but I've been inpressed with the AI so far. It can handle 103% AI load with no major pressure signs. Which means I shohld be moving (hopefully) around 3K or maybe more.

Deer beware this year! :D

I am watching your thread with interest in LRO, I have a Model 70 FWT with Brown Rec. stock in 30-06AI. It is set up as a woods rifle & out to 600 or so, but still, if I get 2900 where you are getting 3K would be great, but then again I do think of a '06 Heavy from time to time.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.