Anyone shooting a Rem 700 long range

I bought the new model long range in 7 mag, I think this new model is their best option before the custom shop. I had a sendero in 7 ultra also. I like this one better then the sendero. I love the matte black. I haven't shot it yet bc Im waiting for the Pst 6-24-50 ebr2 moa. I was told around June some stores will get them. I ordered an extreme hardcore gear 20moa base with level,vortex low precision rings. Once the scope comes ill b ready to test reloads. I'll post some results later but I think its a really nice 700!!

I bought the new model long range in 7 mag, I think this new model is their best option before the custom shop. I had a sendero in 7 ultra also. I like this one better then the sendero. I love the matte black. I haven't shot it yet bc Im waiting for the Pst 6-24-50 ebr2 moa. I was told around June some stores will get them. I ordered an extreme hardcore gear 20moa base with level,vortex low precision rings. Once the scope comes ill b ready to test reloads. I'll post some results later but I think its a really nice 700!!
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your results!

A buddy of mine just got the 700 m40 long range in 7 mag. I got a chance to fondle it last night, and I must say it handled pretty nice for a $650 rifle. Makes me think I need to add a 300 rum to my lineup. If it doesnt meet my expectations...... Hello 338 edge!

I don't care for belted cases. I know how to make them shoot because for many years I won quite a few LR prone matches shooting a 300 Win Mag. As for the 7MM cartridge I prefer the 7MM WSM which does not have that friggin belt. Headspace is important to accuracy and on the belted cases one would be **** lucky to find 15 cases out of 100 that would have the .220" length from the front of the belt to the head of the cartridge case! This is a Savage rifle I have in 7MM WSM and it's one of the better shooting rifles I've ever fired all the way to 1000 yards and beyond. My son Brandon has one he was shooting a while back in same caliber with Berger 185 gr. VLDs and it also is a 'hummer'!

7MMWSM>jpg by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts