Good Rem 700 long action stock with short LOP

1689249633451.png

Remington M700 Youth stocks will be short enough when found in a Long Action. Yes, you have to do the searching as they are not a common accessory unless you buy a complete rifle.

Stockysstocks.com carries a large selection of stocks but I didn't see anything you might want right away.

Laminate stocks can be easily cut to length then fitted with a good recoil pad.

• Numrich Gun Parts Corporation
    226 Williams Ln.
    Kingston, NY 12401
  • Phone: 866.686.7424
  • Fax: 877.486.7278

1689250093788.png

1689250876389.png

I have a factory stock from a 700LR that has been cut short for a small person, it is off a 7mmRM. I put a different stock on it that would fit me. Let me know you are interested. 12-12.5" LOP I think.

You can order a McMillan with a custom LOP. I assume you can do it with others but idk.

This. I have a handful of McM stocks, older M40 variants with adjustable combs and spacers. After having a few of those and knowing the dimensions that work with winter clothes I just order a fixed HTG stock to my LOP dimensions. Yea it took six months but I was used to ordering non stocked items from McM.

I basically used my adjustable guns as a try stock. I'd have to measure again but my LOP is 12 and 5/8".

I'd rather have a fixed but correct LOP than add expense and weight of rods and bolts etc. Simple is good when you get way away from the vehicle and tools.

That's my problem, I don't have long arms and when I get bundled up for winter I am straining to get things comfortable for long shots.

Exactly my problem. Standard stocks are fine in a t shirt but gearing up for the cold and now I have a slow gun mount and a bit awkwardness.

Except for the Winchester Browning Gold autoloader shotguns. Heck I couldn't shoulder those things in a T shirt. My trooper buddy, 6'2", thought they were awesome. He didn't need a slip on pad to go duck hunting.

It's not just a short guy problem. I'm no giant, but, at 6' with long arms I really like short LOP. I have mostly 13 to 13.5". They are faster and more comfortable for me. I even shoot a 16" single shot with 12.5" LOP. That's a nifty nimble little shooter for tight spots and short range.