Rem 700 short Action dimensions

Namibguy

I apologize if this is doesn't belong here let me know if it doesn't. I want to try and make a stock and I was curious is there somewhere online where I can find the dimensions of the whole action and magazine well and recoil lug and maybe bottom metal (I have hinged floor plate).
Is this possible or can it only be obtain through measurement

Last edited:
I apologize if this is doesn't belong here let me know if it doesn't. I want to try and make a stock and I was curious is there somewhere online where I can find the dimensions of the whole action and magazine well and recoil lug and maybe bottom metal (I have hinged floor plate).
Is this possible or can it only be obtain through measurement

What action?

I would measure mine for you but it is on a Bell & Carlson stock with a heavy barrel 308 in it. It no longer has the BDL bottom metal. Now has a Wyatt's detachable magazine in another make of stock so the measurements might confuse more than help.

I would measure mine for you but it is on a Bell & Carlson stock with a heavy barrel 308 in it. It no longer has the BDL bottom metal. Now has a Wyatt's detachable magazine in another make of stock so the measurements might confuse more than help.
Yeah i geuss you're right

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.