Reloading press

Have you ever tried a Foster press? Depending on the operation, they have a very short handle that works wonderfully, and they have an extremely good power ratio. John

I'm in the Rock Chucker group. Mine is been used hard since mid 70's. I tried to order the block that the handle screws into a few years back. (Mine was a little galled) and they wouldn't accept money for it. Had it at the door in a couple of days. I know they no longer make them, but the new one with the grease zerks would out live anyone that purchased it.

I first started out with a Cobra press. Wild looking. Like a head of a Cobra . My uncle gave to me. Then a RCBS Partner press for a short time then Rock Chucker for many years. Two and a half years ago I bought a Rock Chucker Supreme. No problems from either Chuckers. Use first Chucker for pistol only now and New Chucker for rifle.

I had a RCBS RockChucker for 20 years, it was my first press and was second hand then.
Have had a Redding Big Boss II, RCBS Ammomaster, RCBS Turret and RCBS RockChucker Supreme.
Due to hand and shoulder issues, the Turret and Supreme press are all I use these days.
My Big Boss sits gathering dust, the throw of the handle is just too darn long for me and my shoulder fatigues within 10 minutes of use.
The Ammomaster was sold years ago.
I had a Lyman Orange Crusher I borrowed off a mate for several months when work took me interstate, it was a good press, albeit small in the window for cases like 375 Weatherby.

Cheers.
How do you like the turret press? The concept intrigues me but that system doesn't seem to get much love around here.

Forster CoAx is my favorite. Learned on a friends lock and load. Had a Rockchucker as my first press (worked great) and had a Redding T7 that never made it out of the box before I sold it, because I tried the Forster and it was so smooth and fast to operate, that I sold off the others with shell holders and searched until I found a CoAx. I love it.

Running a Dillon 1050 Super for handgun but for all of my rifles I use an RCBS Rockchuker from the early '70's that I bought used in 1980.

This press is used for my M4 (.223/5.56) etc. Couldn't be more happy with it.

The rock Chucker is the most common press, but I still feel the Forster Co-ax is the best press on the market. Die changing is fast, no shell holders and it is very powerful and easy to operate!

I am on the Rock Chucker band wagon. I have had mine since the late 70s and I still use it for all my rifle reloading. I haven't checked prices lately but the difference in price between the RC and Forster but the difference used to be substantial. Large enough that I knew I didn't want a Forster.
My RC does everything I need it to do and if I do my part correctly, the press makes accurate cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.