Reloading Manuals..What's the Newest?

CVCOBRA1

Have been reloading since '71 so I have manuals published since mid '60's. I did keep updating them through the mid '90's and then just said what's the point, nothing is changing. In this day of the internet is anyone still using a paper manual? With all the new chamberings and new powders is there a manual that is even close to relevant? I did buy a Sierra Fifth a couple of years back only to find out is was published in '03. A waste of dollars. I do have the Lyman 50th but it is lacking too. Websites of Hornady 10th and Sierra 6th wont tell you what is in them.
Question is: Do any of you guys know of a paper manual that works today? I would still like to have something I can lay on my bench rather than going to the computer every time I question a load.
Thanks

I moved this over from the "wanted to buy" where I posted it incorrectly.
Are any of you guys happy with your Hornady 10, Sierra 6 or Nosler 8 manuals? They seem to be up to date on their sites but won't say what is in their books.

I just added the Sierra 6th and the Speer 15th to my collection.
Sierra has the latest update on cartridges that I have seen and data for newer powders.
Speer Manual is the most useful and informative and while they use all the newer powders it doesn't have some of the newer cartridges such as 6.5 PRC or even 28 Nosler

I do like how the Sierra manuals lay flat on the bench with their three ring binder set up. I was really soured when I bought the Sierra 5 in 7th Edition only to open it up and see that it was last published in 03. Didn't even have the 204Ruger in it and that came out in 08. I do have some old Speer books, have to dig them out and see how their format was. Thanks for the update.

Don't go by the format of older Speer manuals. The new one is quite different. Much more and pretty interesting information on each cartridge. I will take a couple pictures to give folks an idea of what I mean.

Attachments

• E6B5EF12-AB42-44F4-BA58-5C482FA580B5.jpeg
    E6B5EF12-AB42-44F4-BA58-5C482FA580B5.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 132
  • D3D6D099-EF62-450A-A015-693491241A7E.jpeg
    D3D6D099-EF62-450A-A015-693491241A7E.jpeg
    584 KB · Views: 101
To tell you the truth I haven't purchased a new reloading manual in a long long time. I started back in '65 and the last one I bought was in the '80s. What's the point? Yes there are new powders, bullets and cartridges. But if you have access to the internet you can get load data from any bullet or powder manufacturer easily on line. And you can do ballistic comparisons and calculations to with just a little searching.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.