Reloading 28 Nosler

I would switch bullets to see if that would work, try some Berger's 175 EOL or 195 EOL, those are not as finicky on seating depth. I used H1000 when I first received my 28 Nosler using the 195 EOL, I would have to dig up my data to see what the final charge was, but if it was me, try something different.

I'm using Ramshot LRT for the 180-195's and picked up a pound of Ramshot Magnum for the 175's today to give a try this weekend. My current barrel has 3200fps node with the 180 ELDM/Retumbo/CCI250/Nosler brass, but the brass was done to get it there and the only pressure sign was expanded primer pockets, I discovered when decapping and checked with Swage Gage, nothing else! Switched to Hornady and after annealing it, it's better than the soft Nosler and giving stable pressure up through the charge weights, with LRT! Waiting for the Peterson 28 Nosler on Friday, to give a go to.
How many gr. Are you using of ramshoot LRT ?

https://blog.westernpowders.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Ramshot-LRT-Data.pdf

1590693373241.png

1590693411301.png

1590693466118.png

When I received my rifle they sent me a test target they used 168gr SMK and 80.7 gr LRT.
My nosler book has nothing on the LRT or the Barns bullet has nothing on the LRT
is the LRT a new powder ?

Ok I have to ask is it possible to have a bad scope ?
I shot barns LRX different powder charge and different bullet jump this weekend tried Nosler long range Accubond again different powder charge and bullet depth . Nothing is working even tried factory loads same results cant hold a group. Only thing I changed was the scope went from a swarovski Z6 now have the swarovski X5I . Right now I have 250 rounds and still dont have a load I can use just throwing a bad scope out there as a potential problem.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20200614_111731.jpg
    20200614_111731.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
After changing scopes, are you still in a shotgun pattern?
Before changing I was shooting out to 400 yards .now I cant shot **** I'm new to reloading but right now only thing I can come up with is the scope and at the rate I'm going I will shoot out the barrel before I even find a load

You have probably already checked, but are your rings and bases still torqued to spec? If so have you got another scope that you are confident in to put on the rifle and try it? Have you checked the action screws to ensure they are still torqued to spec. Does the barrel need cleaned? It's got to be some silly simple little thing. Probably not much help. Good luck hope you get it figured out.

You have probably already checked, but are your rings and bases still torqued to spec? If so have you got another scope that you are confident in to put on the rifle and try it? Have you checked the action screws to ensure they are still torqued to spec. Does the barrel need cleaned? It's got to be some silly simple little thing. Probably not much help. Good luck hope you get it figured out.
Yes every thing still nice and tight I clean my gun every time after the range

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts