Reloaders, please fill in the following blank.......

I do use a tuner of his though. Would I like his equipment? Sure. But that's not likely to happen. I will take what tibits I can from his and others videos. Its all good!
I would try one of his tuners in a heartbeat but all of my threaded barrels have Dead Air keymo's on them for using a suppressor. Not all. The 7mm Rem mag and my .338 Edge have muzzle brakes. The brakes were installed by a gunsmith and they look like they are part of the rifle. The rifles that could use a tuner don't have threaded barrels.

I would try one of his tuners in a heartbeat but all of my threaded barrels have Dead Air keymo's on them for using a suppressor. Not all. The 7mm Rem mag and my .338 Edge have muzzle brakes. The brakes were installed by a gunsmith and they look like they are part of the rifle. The rifles that could use a tuner don't have threaded barrels.
Are your brakes effective?

They are. The 7mm Rem Mag was a beast to shoot before I had the brake installed. It's not as nice to shoot as the .338 Edge but it's easier on me than it was.
I don't know what the .338 Edge would feel like without the brake but it doesn't beat me up as it is. I can shoot 50 rounds through it and never have any effects from it. A good while back my now ex girlfriends 10 year old went through 50 rounds and he never complained except to ask if I had anymore ammo :) Shawn Carlock put a lot of thought into his Canyon Rifle package.

There the rub. Tuner or can. Decisions decisions.......You can get your other barrels threaded. Removing them and reinstall is a PITA though.

They are. The 7mm Rem Mag was a beast to shoot before I had the brake installed. It's not as nice to shoot as the .338 Edge but it's easier on me than it was.
I don't know what the .338 Edge would feel like without the brake but it doesn't beat me up as it is. I can shoot 50 rounds through it and never have any effects from it. A good while back my now ex girlfriends 10 year old went through 50 rounds and he never complained except to ask if I had anymore ammo :) Shawn Carlock put a lot of thought into his Canyon Rifle package.
Hey Mike, did you have much of a learning curve when you setup your tuners?

Hey Mike, did you have much of a learning curve when you setup your tuners?
I haven't tried his tuners. The two rifles I was talking about have muzzle brakes designed by the two gunsmiths that installed them (one of each). I watched Eric's "Needsmore series" and it looked straight forward, sort of. It clicked when I realize that when he says harmonics it's like an audio or rf harmonic. It's a sine wave and that wave repeats itself. Turning the brake is moving a point along a wave. Like this:

11.jpg

Ideally you would move the node to the zero crossing point of the wave (horizontal line). Unless I'm wrong :D

I haven't tried his tuners. The two rifles I was talking about have muzzle brakes designed by the two gunsmiths that installed them (one of each). I watched Eric's "Needsmore series" and it looked straight forward, sort of. It clicked when I realize that when he says harmonics it's like an audio or rf harmonic. It's a sine wave and that wave repeats itself. Turning the brake is moving a point along a wave. Like this:

11.jpg

Ideally you would move the node to the zero crossing point of the wave (horizontal line). Unless I'm wrong :D
Yup. The only thing I would add is the sine wave reduces with time. The idea being to counter the harmonic as soon as possible. I think???

Sounds right to me. I forgot to write that the horizontal line represents the position of the end of the barrel as the bullet exits.
The irritating thing about this "discovery" is that I've got loaded rounds for a number of calibers and they shoot great, sub moa, at 100 yards. Move to 300... and it all goes to hades, relatively speaking. Aim small, miss small... unless you don't lol

Sounds right to me. I forgot to write that the horizontal line represents the position of the end of the barrel as the bullet exits.
The irritating thing about this "discovery" is that I've got loaded rounds for a number of calibers and they shoot great, sub moa, at 100 yards. Move to 300... and it all goes to hades, relatively speaking. Aim small, miss small... unless you don't lol
Choices. Shoot at 100. Or start all over again at a new distances. I hate it when I have these decisions to make.🤔

I'm going to start with the 7 mag in the morning. I have some once fired brass. I'll follow his "chasing the lands is stupid" video and work up some loads to try at the range. I can shoot to 300 at the range I go to. I wish I had farther but I don't. Well... I kind of do but I would be outside of my property boundary. Idk... the neighbor raises cows... really expensive cows...

I always thought I had it made once I got tight groups at 100 but couldn't understand why they fell apart at 300. Fell apart just means the 1/4 MOA or hole in a hole 100 yard target was 1 MOA or worse at 300... it would still kill a deer or hog, just not as precisely as I would like :D I do this for fun so I'm not too upset about "having" to try another method.

I'm going to start with the 7 mag in the morning. I have some once fired brass. I'll follow his "chasing the lands is stupid" video and work up some loads to try at the range. I can shoot to 300 at the range I go to. I wish I had farther but I don't. Well... I kind of do but I would be outside of my property boundary. Idk... the neighbor raises cows... really expensive cows...

I always thought I had it made once I got tight groups at 100 but couldn't understand why they fell apart at 300. Fell apart just means the 1/4 MOA or hole in a hole 100 yard target was 1 MOA or worse at 300... it would still kill a deer or hog, just not as precisely as I would like :D I do this for fun so I'm not too upset about "having" to try another method.
Beef! It's what's for dinner. Might be a bit pricy though. Just kidding. Maybe you can get permission to shoot out farther from your neighbor when the livestock aren't using the area???

Beef! It's what's for dinner. Might be a bit pricy though. Just kidding. Maybe you can get permission to shoot out farther from your neighbor when the livestock aren't using the area???
I probably could. I used to shoot to the northeast. I had to listen for cars :/ Then a whole family of people, cousins and all, moved in and built houses on my free shooting range. The nerve of some people :D I have 13 acres in the corner of a section. If he ever sells I'm out of here...