Reloading 101 - info please

I prefer to Pay it Forward with newbies with my early entry reloading equipment collecting dust in basement since it has way more value to them versus the 0.10/$1.00 that I get back from trying to sell it. All I ask in return is they perform a Pay it Forward with someone else and I don't care what it is. There are a lot of folks that cannot afford the level of equipment that a lot of us have migrated to and they deeply appreciate the help getting started. JM2C

I was going the buy these 2 books but reading the summary it sounds like they talk more about the load data and info for various cartridges not necessarily a "how to" or am I wrong? Looking for something that give me more of a step-by-step process. Maybe these books do both??

Attachments

• EF4BA9FF-A3E0-4028-A4FF-E626A1FEA3EC.png
    EF4BA9FF-A3E0-4028-A4FF-E626A1FEA3EC.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 67
  • BB34FD29-3EC2-4886-B6E0-2F4C10711B13.png
    BB34FD29-3EC2-4886-B6E0-2F4C10711B13.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 75
I was going the buy these 2 books but reading the summary it sounds like they talk more about the load data and info for various cartridges not necessarily a "how to" or am I wrong? Looking for something that give me more of a step-by-step process. Maybe these books do both??
Do you have a Bass Pro, Cabela's, or Scheel's nearby that you can visit? The first two (and probably Scheel's) have multiple books in the reloading department that you can browse through.

KSB209: PM me with your address and I will send you an older Hornady manual. Doesnt have ELDX load data but still relevant if you want. It should get you started down the road. Payment is I ask you to Pay it Forward when you have the chance to do so and don't care what it is.
Muddy

I would offer this up as a challenge to all of LRH to consider similar opportunities in the future for the extra, moved on from reloading equipment to get newbies going in right direction. Books, for example, can be sent as Media through the USPO at a much lower postage rate which makes it a more reasonable effort to help someone out. We need to have more people involved in our sport to gain more support down the road and this is a "Easy" button to push to do so.

There are definitely a few guys who pay it forward on here. I try to do the same now when the opportunity arises. 18 months ago I was ready to she'll out $$$ to get my hands on the mystical PRC brass. Member pm'd me and sent me 50 new in a case for free. Just asked I pay it forward. Definitely a different forum from the usual.

Had a chance to look, it is a PTG "Nut" for measuring CBTO, free to the OP if interested. PM me an address to send it to. Only ask the usual, pay it forward somehow, somewhere.
Thanks for the offer but I have no idea what this is..... I need to learn about all the equipment and terms before I start collecting anything. No point in taking you up on the offer if it is something I'll never use and it can find another home to someone in need right now.

this community is pretty cool. Thanks for all the offers. I am in the process of learning before I load anything.

Couple questions (I'm taking notes)

wet vs dry tumblers for cleaning brass??

do you de-prime the brass before you tumble and clean it?

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos this week and learning that EVERYONE has their own opinion on the methodology so just looking for suggestions from guys that have been doing this for awhile. You never know what or who you get making videos and posting online

I removed the fired primer then tumble in walnut media. I then inspect the case and proceed to lube and resize. I then use an ultrasonic c leaner to get lube off and finish primer pocket cleaning. There a MANY different opinions on the subject, so see what the options are, then do what turns out to work best for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.