Reloader 26 and N570

Looks like reloader 26 will be a powder I will try. The N570 price is more and most data I've seen the reloader is a little faster. I'll try it and hopefully I can use it in all the loads I use H1000. If I can keep the accuracy and pick up decent amount of speed I'll use it going forward. What I've been trying to do is find one powder for many firearms. Anyway thanks for the feedback from all.

Hopefully it will be available sometime before fall.

but what happened with 300 win mag at 230 and 338 edge with 275/300.
i do not shoot 7's

300 win and N570 gave mixed results
230's where 2700fps with 16 es.
Rl26 was 2812 12 es
Switched to a 212 eld and Rl26 and it came alive giving 3016 with 4 es and 1/4 moa at 100yards. This is a custom rifle made by RBROS Rifles with a 26 inch barrel.
The edge with 300 Berger's was 2785
Over H1000 and 12 es. N570 gives 2850 with 10 es from a remy action and a 30 inch barrel. I sold this rifle

i do not know what you are looking at but in 300 wm and 338 edge n570 is about 100 fps FASTER.

Looks like reloader 26 will be a powder I will try. The N570 price is more and most data I've seen the reloader is a little faster. I'll try it and hopefully I can use it in all the loads I use H1000. If I can keep the accuracy and pick up decent amount of speed I'll use it going forward. What I've been trying to do is find one powder for many firearms. Anyway thanks for the feedback from all.

Hopefully it will be available sometime before fall.

Cartridges I personally use rl26 in:
243ai
260ai
7saum
7mm rem
300 win
300rum
7rbh with the 177 hammer. With 180's and 195's retumbo
Cartridges with N570:
338 edge
28 Nosler
Testing in the 7 RBH now

Last edited:
Cartridges I use rl26 in:
243ai
260ai
7saum
7mm rem
300 win
300rum
7rbh with the 177 hammer. With 180's and 195's retumbo
Cartridges with N570:
338 edge
28 Nosler
Testing in the 7 RBH now

Good information.

Like many i would like to load from 30-06, 7mm, 300 win. With 1 powder but mainly for the magnums. With a few other. The 7mm and 300 I feel like I can do a better in terms of speed. I've run h1000 and 4831 for years and been happy but I think I can do better espically in the 4831 in the 7mm. I'm at max pressure and running what I feel is below speed for the cartridge.
The N570 and RL26 I've just been trying to get a feel for the powder and what speed and accuracy I can get out of it. The last time I shot the Vihtavuori brand of powder was 20 years ago and I had mixed feelings on it. With today's internet we can gather great information on powder and bullets and cut down on the the trial and error method while cutting down on spending money, time, and powder that may or may not work. Hence why I ask on experience on these two powders. Don't do a lot of stock in internet gun loads but have found that for the most part this site has been pretty darn good with good information.

Last edited:
Tested over 500 rounds in various cartridges from 300 win,28 Nosler,300 Rum,338 edge.
Latest one on the 7 RBH (7/338 NM improved). It was very conclusive for me that N570 hit a temp level where pressures were evident. Especially if it was a load that was at the upper edge of the PSI region for a given cartridge.
75-80 degrees was the line where some loads became erratic. By "some" I mean 3-4 out of 10 would give the pressure signs. ES would go from 6-10 to 25-30 and have a cratered primer and stiff bolt lift.
So my N570 loads now have a upper temp limit I shoot them in.
Cold has no effect down to -10 i tested in. All testing was down in real ambient temps. No artificial heating or cooling of rounds involved. It took 2 years to get the cycle of temps I wanted to test it in.
I used both magneto speed and lab radar to test with.
This just one guys results though.

Good to know , I generally don't load my cartridges at the highest node but this really has me wanting to do some testing this summer to compare notes during hunting season with my 270wsm and 25SST, thanks.

can you tell me WHY 26 over n570 in the 300 win mag ?
bbl length
bullet
COAL
accuracy issue ?
thanks

Last edited:
can you tell me WHY 26 over n570 in the 200 win mag ?
bbl length
bullet
COAL
accuracy issue ?
thanks

I assume you mean the 300 win mag?
Case capacities on the win mag allow more powder with 26 over 570. N 570 is very bulky. Each granule is .1 grains.
Also 26 gave higher velocity with lower es. It is a better performer in this case. Also there is the temp issue for me.

so there are reasons why i ask specific questions.
in my cases
i get 77.5 of n570 with 2866 fps, 100% fill.i can go to 101.5%/2910 before max pressure
with rl26 i hit pressure max at 70.8 and 2823( 90% fill)
just the opposite of you
again 230 berger, 3.82 oal
so again
what bullet
what case
what oal
I assume you mean the 300 win mag?
Case capacities on the win mag allow more powder with 26 over 570. N 570 is very bulky. Each granule is .1 grains.
Also 26 gave higher velocity with lower es. It is a better performer in this case. Also there is the temp issue for me.

Last edited:
If 77.5 grains is 100 percent fill, how the hell are you getting 101 grains of powder in a 300 win mag?

Stopped in a local store and found 8 cans of RL26 on the powder shelf, they all followed me home, couple days later they call me and wanted to know if I'll bring a couple cans back !

Some dumb bastard threw a hissy fit that it was all gone, Haha too bad I'd already mixed it all with an 8lb jug I had from a few years ago that had a few lbs in it...

First time in my life I was ever asked to return something I bought fair n square,

jeez, some people are whack

IMG_9032.JPG

Stopped in a local store and found 8 cans of RL26 on the powder shelf, they all followed me home, couple days later they call me and wanted to know if I'll bring a couple cans back !

Some dumb bastard threw a hissy fit that it was all gone, Haha too bad I'd already mixed it all with an 8lb jug I had from a few years ago that had a few lbs in it...

First time in my life I was ever asked to return something I bought fair n square,

jeez, some people are whack

View attachment 136270

Lol. That's funny on powder.

I have a question. I have never done what you said about mixing all the powder 1 pounds together. Even if it was the same lot number of the same powder. I would be afraid of inconsistency with the powder. That's just me. Part of my OCD I guess with reloading.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.