Reloader 22 berger 215 hybrid load data

Phil,
Here is a picture of my rear bag setup.

Attachments

• image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 56
Ok, will post results next range session.

Would it be safe to assume i should be doing this load development with the bergers at 300?

Ive never had issues at 100 with other bullets, but berger is all new to me.

Ok, will post results next range session.

Would it be safe to assume i should be doing this load development with the bergers at 300?

Ive never had issues at 100 with other bullets, but berger is all new to me.
North Idaho Hunter,
200-300 yards. If you want to start at 100 yds and then take the load(s) that show promise there out to 2-300 that will work also. Are you using the rear bag just for testing off the bench? If you are you may want to up grade to a good Protector or Edgewood rear bag. Sinclair International on the web sells those and some other types that you may want to look at. "Rabbit"(tall) ear bags are for guys that like a lot of stock side support then they go to mid-ear and the shortest is the bunny ear. Get a bag body height of 3-5/8ths to 4 inches in height to use with your bipod. Thick bottom bags are best. You will need bag sand and the bag fill funnel also ( does not affect the freight charges at Sinclair). Make sure you FILL THE EARS FIRST AND TIGHT. THEN FILL THE BAG BODY SAME. Thats where the funnel they sell really makes a difference.

Are you using the rear bag just for testing off the bench?

No, im actually just laying prone on the ground - i use this rear bag for hunting, i like to stick to a routine that i will use in the field.

I will report results back after this weekend with what i find. thanks for your help and suggestions!

No, im actually just laying prone on the ground - i use this rear bag for hunting, i like to stick to a routine that i will use in the field.

I will report results back after this weekend with what i find. thanks for your help and suggestions!
North Idaho Hunter,
Makes sense. Keep it all the same. Will look forward to your report.
Good luck and have a great weekend!

Had a chance to try shoot yesterday, and .130 from lands proved to be the best at 3/4 MOA. I am content with that in a hunting rifle.

Thank you for your help. Now i cant wait to see what these will do to an elk.

Did you try H1000 and 30-40 thou off? Was the 3/4 MOA at 100 yds? 3/4 MOA isn't to bad depending on how far you want to shoot. Even if you need to single feed some I would be curious to see how it shoots at 30-40 off.

Even at .130 off i am single feeding these....at .010 off the lands i have to remove my bolt partially to eject a loaded round they are very long.

I only had a chance to shoot at 100 again due to the fact there was 25 MPH wind gusts on the prairie so i only had access to a canyon out of the wind.

I dont really see the need to go to H1000 at 3/4 MOA. Realistically in this terrain i only see myself taking 600 yard shots MAX.

I had a chance to shoot the .130 off last weekend, with great success. 425 yards fetched a tad over 1/2 MOA. I am pleased, at 425 yards, my 2850 FPS has tracked perfectly - the 215 darn neart busted through a 1/2 steel plate at that distance.

I cannot wait to see how these do on game. I dont like how long it took to narrow down a good load, but once its shooting, they do great. thanks to all who helped including berger, you guys are something else. The rest of the industry needs to take note!

I had a chance to shoot the .130 off last weekend, with great success. 425 yards fetched a tad over 1/2 MOA. I am pleased, at 425 yards, my 2850 FPS has tracked perfectly - the 215 darn neart busted through a 1/2 steel plate at that distance.

I cannot wait to see how these do on game. I dont like how long it took to narrow down a good load, but once its shooting, they do great. thanks to all who helped including berger, you guys are something else. The rest of the industry needs to take note!
Thank you North Idaho Hunter ! Glad to help!
Take care !

North Idaho Hunter,
Affects the way the rifle moves in the bag. To much friction. Learned that from a benchrest shooter at the range. Also done by FT-R shooters.

Phil, would you mind elaborating a bit on this please. All I've ever used is a regular bag by Accuracy 1st. If possible could you include a pic demonstrating the 'not touching the bottom of the stock' part.

Thanks for the great info.

DocB

Phil, would you mind elaborating a bit on this please. All I've ever used is a regular bag by Accuracy 1st. If possible could you include a pic demonstrating the 'not touching the bottom of the stock' part.

Thanks for the great info.

DocB
DocB,
Kind of technically challenged on the picture part. Go to "The Accurate Shooter" website and check out the f-class articals there or go to "BENCHREST CENTRAL". You want just support on the sides of the stock. If you get three points of contact the rifle will not recoil correctly in the bag. Now this is concerning the Protector or Edgewood style rear bags. Dont believe it concern's the rear bags like the "Dog-gone good" bags and such.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.