Need Load Data For Berger 215 Hybrid - 300 Weatherby

BLC3128

Just some background information. My current go to load for long range hunting is a 210 VLD, 84 gr. of Retumbo, Fed. 215 primers, Norma Brass, COAL of 3.593. My velocity is right around 3025fps with sub moa groups out to 200. I shoot steel plates out to 1,300 with ease and if there is a flyer, it's usually my fault.

I've been reading that the 215gr. Hybrid Target has less bearing surface than the VLD and theroreticaly it should produce more velocity with less pressure. It's design makes it much more forgiving with the long Weatherby freebore...Also, it's long range performance compared to a 210 and 230 are very impressive especially out beyond 1,000 yards. Also, I've been reading reviews about its great performance on game and that makes it ever more intriguing!

Any input on starting points, max loads, OAL is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

7D8482D0-887D-4526-8391-CDCBC84EFE1B.png
From Berger

Keep in mind that's for a set OAL of 3.56. By messing with seating depth and taking advantage of the free bore to stretch em out, you will be able to heat those up a bit and get some more speed, even if you end up as a single shot but hell, it's a long range rig right

Yes, what is the maximum OAL that will allow me to feed the cartidge through the magazine? I'm having a memory lapse. Rifle is a Weatherby Terramark.

You'll have to measure. Mine is 3.57 but it's a Winnie. By the time I'm done I'm sure I'll be a single shot till I can have it inletted for a ptg detach system.

Mine measures 3.60. I set em .030 short to feed well but I may be 3.65 or sonwhen I'm done. In that case ptg makes a 3.75 detach system for the Winnie.

You have to measure ur mag. Mines a sako av and I seat my bullets at 3.63" a Mark v will probably have more room but I'm guessing

FWIW - my USA MK V Accumark allows feeding loaded rounds from the magazine with a a few thousandths over 3.71" base to tip COL.

Thanks a bunch everyone! ... I'll get some loads made up and head to the range as soon as the temperatures rise about the single digits.

Berger load data is nothing more than starting points for us. Our accuracy and speeds are not on the same playing fields of the soft data they publish. Work up your loads in .5 grain increments to find psi. With large or over bore magnums I have many times found single digit deviation just under psi. This will yield good speeds, energy and accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.