Reliable and respected gun makers

Discussion in 'Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)' started by johnhhernan, Jan 19, 2018.

1. johnhhernan

johnhhernan Well-Known Member

Im very intrigued on a 375 cheytac in a repeater format but I google the internet and this website I have only found hill country rifle that make a reasonably priced ELR rifle. So my question is does anybody have a reviewof hill country rifle.
    Also can anybody recommend any other rifle manufacturer of a .375 cheytac.
    Im not wanting to bash any rifle makers Im trying to find a reliable and well respected .375 cheytac maker.

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Well-Known Member

Bruce Baer in willow hill pa

longrangebo likes this.
  3. jfseaman

jfseaman Well-Known Member

Cheyenne Tactical makes several very nice .375 CheyTacs.

4. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Kirby Allen, apsrifles.com. He was doing ELR before most folks had a clue it could be done. JohnnyK.

5. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

6. snox801

snox801 Well-Known Member

Yep he does just got mine yesterday. 3 years 9 months of backlog. Thing is amazing. Long wait though.

Mike 338 likes this.
  7. snox801

If the wait is ok that is the route. As far as fast turn around and Great rifles and good price check out pierce engineering. They will be doing all mine from now on. Seems to be the only one who has great communication and does what they say the will in a timely manner.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  8. trumperman

trumperman Well-Known Member

I do not own one but I’ve handled the Cheytac m200 intervention. Truly a high power rifle

9. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

10. Bob 1961

Bob 1961 New Member

Hill Country has done 3 rifles for me. Absolutely the best.

11. longrangebo

longrangebo Well-Known Member

Bruce Baer did my 338-408 he also can do 375 and 350 A bit slow but not 3 years depends on haw far he is behind. This is the 4 th gun he built for me Depends on where you are located? by the way he has his own bottom metal with 6 shot mag.

12. snox801

13. ScottMc7

ScottMc7 Active Member

Kirby A. of apsrifles.com is a legend. A very experienced guy when it comes to rifle making. He did some of my custom built ones.

14. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

I had Kirby build a rifle for me when he was still kind of unknown. It shot great, however there is no way I’d wait 3+ years for one. Plus he’s too busy to even work on the rifle he built for me.
    I had a 6 month wait back then, we’ll worth that!
    Is he somewhat of a pioneer?
    Yes
    A wizard?
    No
    There are lots of good gunsmiths out there that make just as accurate a rifle. My latest rifle was put together by Long Rifles Inc and shoots freaking awesome! Had a longer tighter twist barrel put on by another smith/builder and it shoots just as good. One week wait and a fraction of the cost.
    I think your best bet is to get the components yourself and have a reputable guy put it together. Less wait and less heart ache, plus you get exactly what you ordered.

Mike 338 and R.para like this.