Smart Gun Technology - Opinions

While many in this country have stopped subscribing to the Constitution, I for one still do and intend to do so for a while more. The Constitution is a set of direct orders to all branches and agencies of Government from the People of the United States. Those orders are not open for discussion or reinterpretation; they are to be followed, without question. If and when the Government wants to request modification or change, there is a process defined within. The proposed change is presented to the people as an amendment. The people respond by voting on whether to ratify or not. That's the only way anything in the Constitution can be changed - legitimately.

What does this have to do with the "smart gun technology?" "Smart gun technology," in any form, is an attempt to go around the Constitution without an amendment. PERIOD

Rant over

The correction is only for elevation and automatically shoots when moved thru the target. You still have to read and manually make the wind correction. This would do little for me since I have to make corrections for wind and dialing for elevation only takes a second longer. I also need to control my follow thru and wouldn't trust an automatic fire system without being on a stable turret. If the system could automatically and accurately correct for wind changes and have a stable platform THEN there would be a whole new game being played. Right now, it's really not much different than having a G7-BR2 attached to your gun which also pulls the trigger.

W. Coyote makes an important point. I want the gov't to keep their hands, eyes, and technology the f$%& off my guns.

Okay, aside from that, this technology has no interest to me personally. I take great pleasure in accurately shooting my own gun. I don't want any technology doing that for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.