Recovered 143g Hammer Hunter from 868y cow

I just got this pic sent to me this morning from our Customer Terry with this note.

This is a 7mm 143gr Hammer Hunter removed from a cow elk. She was shot at 868 yds from a 28 Nosler running at 3650fps. It was a hard quartering shot that broke the front shoulder and the off side hip. It was recovered between the meat and hide in the off side hindquarter. Recovered weight is 102g. Cow never took another step. Conditions were at 8200' elev and 20*. Puts the impact vel at roughly 2230 fps.

This is exactly the performance we are after. 70% weight retention with a nice square flat frontal area on the retained shank. Looks identical to bullets fired into test media. This bullet still looks the same even though it encountered two heavy bone impacts with perfect straight line penetration. Fantastic! Thanks for the pic Terry!

Attachments:
How do you get it up to 3650?? what powder?

How do you get it up to 3650?? what powder?
Terry, that owns that rifle, is running Retumbo I believe. We have not been able to get the kind of vel that he is getting with Retumbo. We have gotten 3500 fps or so. With N570 we get about 3600 fps or so. I think Terry has one of those fast rifles!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.