RE 33 in 7mm

Went out and tried the 180 gr bergers with RE 33 again in different conditions and things were a bit different:

75 Gr RE 33 .065 Jump
Avg Vel was 3012
Sticky bolt lift with faint ejector marks. ES was still very good and accuracy was .5 MOA but I won't sacrifice components for an extra 40fps.

The first time I tried this powder it was around 60 degrees and cloudy the second, sunny and in the 90's. For a supposed temp stable powder I am starting to wonder, either my scale has failed me or it is very temp sensitive.

I have been using RL-33 in several rifles.

Developed loads for the 257 Weatherby with temps in the 60s. Shot The 257 weatherby just last week in mid 80s to low 90s. When shot at 500M the comeup and accuracy was the same. Didn't use the chronograph but if the comeups are the same as in the 60s then it should indicate the velocities are also the same, right?

The two 7mm/375 Rugers were also taken to the range and shot at 500M along with the 257 with same comeups and accuracy. Didn't chronograph them either.

All rifles are loaded slightly under what I determined to be an absolute max load. Perhaps that is the difference. Maybe your load is very close to being over the top and the higher temps pushed it over the edge?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.