338-378 and Re#33

I noticed that Nosler's load data doesn't mention Retumbo or RL-33 until you get to the 300 gr bullets either.

I'd say you would probably not be able to stuff enough RL-33 in the case with a 225 gr bullet to get any gain on the slightly the faster powders.

In my 30-378, I used Retumbo with 200gr and lighter bullets, with everything heavier I used H50BMG or RE33.
I haven't got the data, but you can use QL to get a start load and predicted max, that's what I did. I also had what I think is called US869, it was about the same density as H50BMG.

Good luck with your new purchase, I hope you get some great kills with that one.

Cheers.

Bought some Hornady 230 gr ELD bullets,are these bullets to light for use of Re#33 ? Alliant doesn't list this cartridge in their online loading book .
I couldn't get enough in my .338 RUM with 236 grain Hammer Hunters to get pressure. Your case is about 10% larger. I'm using 8133 till compressed and it is still not running as fast as it could. Gonna try RL26 next.
Good find on that rifle, I will admit to my jealousy!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.